Thread: How to reduce the bounce rate of a website

How to reduce the bounce rate of a website

The bounce (or even Bounce Rate) is one of the key data in your Google Webmaster Tool and represents, in percentage, the number of users who run away in seconds without paying attention to other content. In short, the bounce rate is inversely proportional to the interest that readers have towards your web space. Scary stuff, right? Yet there are many solutions to combat this evil and depressing (almost) the final percentage of the bounce.

Re: How to reduce the bounce rate of a website

Needless to lose ourselves in conversation: Write quality content is the first step to entice readers (those who already loyal and casual) to browse other pages of your blog. The issue on which you have to focus to improve the bounce rate, and therefore a host of related factors, is the target to which you want to pay. Quality content, and then, but faithful to the guidelines that meet the expectations of those who find you by accident with a specific search on Google as the faithful subscriber to your feed.

I'm not the only one to list this item in methods to increase the click through a blog or site. The same Jakob Nielsen considers the usability of the home page of paramount importance to deal with excessive Bounce Rate . No doubt this is a touchy subject, but I try to steer my blog always toward simplicity and clarity. This means special care of the categories and tags , forms necessary for navigation conspicuous, an upload speed acceptable, a few pages and you really need a nice template with no frills. You must guide your readers not to confuse them.

I think that the fundamental point after stressing the need for maximum usability is the need to avoid the increased number of stained smears and rides. This is not to say that you must reduce your sidebar to the bone - a blog must offer a minimum of entertainment - but I try to emphasize the natural inconvenience that may prove a person when faced with dozens of different messages. Try and try different solutions, until you reach a good balance.

If you use a WordPress plugin is essential that you know to link your post to news articles (here is the proper use of tags becomes fundamental argument) is Related Post . To increase the number of links in the footer you can install RSS Footer , and Blogger users Board Link Within to create lists of similar post at the bottom of each article.

When you receive many visits from searches and direct links to internal pages and / or photos you must make the most of the ' optimization of internal links , hyperlinks to other resources that lead to your blog. That means using anchor text and insert a significant link to any word that can be loosely connected to one of your old article. If your internal links are valid and necessary to really enjoy reading a post will be appreciated (and click). One last note about external links, the outbound link: Use the target = "_blank" to always leave the window open on your blog.