Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-01-2011

Google Analytics vs Histats

Recently used Histats and google analytics on my website. So i would like to know which of the two websites will be a better option. But i do not know which of the two will be more reliable for me. which of the two website will be more useful to me. It would be better to know the features of these two services. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.
Old 19-01-2011

Re: Google Analytics vs Histats

For all those who have a site that intend to treat in detail, as well as professional webmaster and is very useful to have a serious statistics service which rely to monitor visitor traffic passing through a website. The results that have come from reliable statistics, but also well organized and readily available are numerous and may cover different areas of interest. you can take important decisions and different character: whether to or not advertisements, in which points put them, create new services, maintain some other more neglected, dropping support for those little used, to give some examples
Old 19-01-2011

Google Analytics is an analysis software that analyzes the operator of a website the user visits. In addition to Google Analytics, there are many other programs that operate as or similar. This make the following remarks also apply. With the analysis software can, for example the origin of visitors to a site, the residence and that their efforts and to evaluate statistically the side cover. This allows detailed user profiles create. This in itself is not legally problematic. The legal problems start only at the point where the so collected and analyzed data users are linked to specific users. For the collection, use and storage of so-called personal data is permitted only within the relatively narrow limits of data protection.
Old 19-01-2011

I'm testing and Histat seems extremely valuable. If you need to start and do not know what to choose recommend it. But if you already use other services as considered in relation to yours? It seems to me very interesting. The other day I discovered Histats that offers a significantly above the norm always free. I was impressed and I have chosen not only for the amount of additional information that is displayed, but also for the nice graphic interface, the pleasant counters easily customizable and wishing also available in "invisible" but also for the fact that you can preserve the key statistics (number of visitors and page views) that you already have if you are using another service and you decide to change.
Old 19-01-2011

There is something I had never come to understand: how Google Analytics measures the majority of our visitors come from Google ... if any other measurement tool we reported a much smaller percentage. Take a real case: in Toprural parallel use XiTi (ATInternet) and Google Analytics . For the month of January 2009 Google Analytics reports to us from search engines when 71.8% 37.8% XiTi reported.
Old 19-01-2011

Thanks, I am using them, Statcounter, although the biggest limit of this system are the statistics of referrals. How do I know if visitors come to my site to google, by mail or Facebook. With Histats I had all these claims. May not be possible? In stats WordPress every time I say something, but is not reliable, it seems to me. Histats is not 100% compatible with WP.com even if you use the code where it says "WordPress," it refers to self hosted WordPress ... (Those of the package WP.org)

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,