Thread: Are directories worth

Are directories worth

Everyone knows the many sites where you can register for free, its RSS feed enters and this makes it accessible to everyone. This sounds at first not bad, because one gets donated back links, which are about the created RSS feeds on your side. But are these services, article directory submission worth. It would be very helpful to get some information on this issue. Thanks in advance...

Re: Are directories worth

The problem is that these feeds are available for just about everyone, including the search engines. This is actually a good thing, because then the backlinks of any use, they must also recognize the search engines. But most RSS directories, it is so that the link will be provided with a nofollow attribute. That is, this is not tracked by search engines. Some like to think now that the take is still well, because if the link has no significance from the perspective of search engine optimization , then he brings me little traffic on the site.

These services , I mean to say the article directories services are used quiet a little, so also the traffic will not increase much. In the worst case may cause an entry in such indexes also that the ranking is a side, rather than - as required - to climb. The results from the very simple reason that the text contained in the feeds to the directory page is indexed by the search engine as well. This then means that the search engine sees the same content on multiple pages, so she sees the infamous duplicate content.

At a time register in many directories positioning influenced enough, today I'm noticing as this practice lost much strength. Are probably ideal subject directories, well trained and with good visibility on search engines. In this case I do not think a link is a link, in the worst case will not have much effect unless it is a directory penalized, banned and possessed by evil souls (which should not affect our ranking and we cannot control who binds us.).