Thread: Trouble printing from laptop on my homegroup

Trouble printing from laptop on my homegroup

I have a problem working on my printer. I have a laptop connected to the homegroup and whenever I start sending the documents to print in the printer then It gets queued up and it does not point at all. So I have to wait for some time such that I can resume with the printing but sadly it does not. So I have to ultimately switch off the main computer in which printer is connected. When the system starts and when I start the printer the printing operation resumes. Why is that It does not follow the print command when I pass the command once. Why do I have to restart the system in order to continue with the printing.Please do give your valuable inputs.

Re: Trouble printing from laptop on my homegroup

Well there might be a possibility that your printer may lose the ip from which you are trying to print. So that’s why just check the spooler service of he printer to check the status of the printer whether it is active or not. In order to check the service here are the following steps
    1) In the start type the services.msc command and your print service will gets started.
    2) You will have to scroll down in order to check the print spooler.
    3) Just go and restart the service.
    So do try this steps and you will get your issue solved. Do let me know if it works or not.

Well you can definitely run the troubleshooter options in order to solve the issue. So for the troubleshooter you will have to go to the printer device and right click on it and see the problems that it gives you. Once you get the problems you will be able to know the source of the problem. So you can solve it accordingly. In case if you have the administrator settings you will get the option to fix it also. So do carry on with the troubleshooting option it will definitely help you.

I think the information is getting en-queued in one direction and it may not be reaching the destination correctly. So try with this step and let me know if it works or not.
    1) In the control panel go to the particular printer that you are using.
    2) Right click on it and go to the properties.
    3) Then go to the ports tab.
    4) There you will get the Enable Bidirectional option. Uncheck that option if it is checked.
    So do try this particular method and let me know if it works or not.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given me. Well let me tell you that I have tried with the specific method that you have suggested above and it definitely worked for me. I did not have any idea about this particular setting. I just heard it from you all. So thanks a lot for informing me about such settings. Otherwise I would have never been able to solve my issue. So thanks a lot for the efforts that you have given in order to solve my issue.