Thread: Need information on Google cache

Need information on Google cache

As I have noticed that Google cache is taking a long to update. Actually in the early period my websites were cached every week but now it’s a month and they still haven’t done. I mean I am not able to understand what is their policy and how they work. Actually there are few friend of mine and they too are having the same issue so please anyone can give me some idea what they are doing and how all the process is accomplished.

Re: Need information on Google cache

Well according to me lots of users are least bother about it but they do not know in fact that Google cache exists and how to access them. However this may be useful in different scenarios:
    • For a visitor: a page is unavailable or not found (error 404).. If Google has indexed this page, you can view it by calling its cached version.
    • For a webmaster: The cached version is what GoogleBot got when he came to the index. This allows for example to see how old the document (assuming that this page is updated frequently), it also helps in the case of redirects to see which page Googlebot saw.
    • Evidence: if you found a site that was plagiarized but withdrew his page, you can potentially use Google's cache function to prove it even if the value of this evidence is relative

As per my knowledge to index millions of pages every day, Google uses an "army" of spiders, called Googlebot and you can read the same on GoogleBot for more information. Every time one of these robots visiting a page, he recovers and stores it on Google's servers. This version of the document is called the cache version. We quickly understand that with billions of documents Google has needed more 10 000 servers and many hard drives. I hope this will help you to give you the appropriate idea what the Google cache is.

Google's cache is the record that the search conducted on a webpage. Caching of pages is generally available in the SERP unless a webmaster specifically specified otherwise (through meta tags for example).
    Google's cache allows any user to know the version of the page that has been registered by GoogleThat its effectiveness when a site become inaccessible because a lambda user gets the ability to view the cached version, which is sort of a backup.
    The usefulness of the cache for other applications such as:
    • In the world of SEO the Google cache is useful to know the last visit of the Googlebot .
    • Version of a cached page can be consulted to determine if a site is the cloaking . Although in general the webmasters who make cloaking will not display the cached version to avoid being unmasked.
    • When a site plagiarizes content, the cache may be a proof "on" if content was changed between time.

Well I am having a similar kind of problem where I am confused on a query that is it possible to prevent our website being cached from Google. I mean to say that I own a website and don’t want Google to cache the same. Actually I am not aware about there working policy buy I guess that there may be a loop hole to penetrate so please let me know whether it is possible to prevent the website from Google cache and how.