Thread: Long Domain names Vs. Short Domain names for website

Long Domain names Vs. Short Domain names for website

Hi! Friends I am software developer currently working in local company as web developer. Last month I got my first project. My project is almost complete, but now I am confused what should be the domain of this side. I am not much familiar with the domain name system is there anyone who gives me more information related to domain name system used by web sites.

Re: Long Domain names Vs. Short Domain names for website

Domain name is nothing but a word which reflects the uniqueness of the web site. As for every person on this earth his name is identity same ting applied over here for web sites. In simple language say domain name is nothing but a collection of numerical numbers that each website has to reflect their uniqueness in between hell number of sites available on internet. As I already said IP address is collection of digit it is difficult you normal user to remember all those things that’s why domain name system is introduced it is nothing but mapping between that number with word that you select as a domain name. Normally users enter the domain name in address bar of the browser to get access to particular site.

For any web site for improving their pageranking as well as for securing his future in the market of remote applications that is websites, Domain name plays an important role. While searching particular site using search engine, its algorithm gave highest priority to domain name of the site. According to experts opinions try to keep your domain name as small as possible because normally users never like to put large names in address bar while searching. For which try to relate your domain name with organization for which you are developing a site. If you are developing a site for promoting particular product of organization then try to keep your domain name closer to that product. It will definitely helps your ranking position better than others.

As far I know there are two types of domain names available in domain name system. First one is short one the advantage of using short domain name is they are easy to remember to all users and indirectly helps you to improve your page ranking. I found that short domain names are always related to sites content or product. And if it is an informative site then people usually likes to keep their domain names which reflects the information type nowadays people mostly use domain names like .com,.edu. etc…. you can use anyone among them which suits your organizations activity.

Mostly I prefer to use short domain names but if you are unable to get short one then there is no issue to go with long domain names. Just take care about one thing that is trying for longer domain which is closely related to your keyword’s list. Also remember one thing that if you decide to keep long domain name then it should not exceed the limit of 67 characters. There is no need to feel nervous if you are using long domain names. Most of search engines give first priority to long domain names if they are closely related to keyword phrases. Which is helpful in case of web site optimization.