Thread: I want to use Ubuntu one on Linux Mint 10

I want to use Ubuntu one on Linux Mint 10

I want to install Ubuntuone on my system. I had recently upgraded to Linuxt Mint 10. The new operating system is great. Till know there are ample of bugs found related to drivers and other display issue. I use the same before on my old Ubuntu system. Now after upgrade everything is lost. It is a nice Music Store which provides songs in MP3 format. The one thing which I enjoy on this is that the music is offered there by various artists is not DRM-protected. So there you get free legal songs and you do not also need to worry about piracy. I heard that are about 4 million songs on this thing and I want to use the same on my system. I want to know whether there are more errors related to this tool on Mint. Has anyone before tried is already or not.

Re: I want to use Ubuntu one on Linux Mint 10

You do not need to worry about the errors. You can simply install the same on your system. There are no bugs and the application work like ease at it works on the older Linux distribution. If you are adding this on your system then do not forget to add a one more plug-in. It is called as Rhythmbox. This is the default audio player in Ubuntu 10.04 and it will start a web interface. With the help of this the library of the online service appears on your screen. Here the best part is that the songs can be heard in the preview for 60 seconds. So you get a more better choice to choose a song before downloading. There are payment options also provided for the premium songs.

The best part of ubuntuone is that it gives you music is in MP3 format with a streaming speed of 256 kbit/s without any copy protection restrictions. Also there will be no embedded watermark. The music player Rhythmbox plays the music under Ubuntu also. The music store is integrated with the player and it is really well easy to use. Check that with Ubuntu One Canonical also offers a cloud computing service for the users. This comes by default with Lucid Lynx. In this you can have a option to receive 2GB free online storage and 20GB for some charges. It offers you online file sharing, sharing files with other friend, music store, etc.

It is easy to integrate that on Mint. You can get a beat of that on Lucid Lynx. The service is powered by the online music retailer 7digital, which offers to sell nearly 4 million DRM-free tracks. Canonical has developed in partnership with 7digital software to integrate this service to its Rhythmbox music player and Ubuntu One, the service cloud of the publisher. Plug-ins will also be available on Amarok and Banshee. So there are lot more things you can expect from this and enjoy the same. I found it really impressive where you get tons for drm free tracks. One the best quality of a open source community.

The big attraction is the combination of music store One with Ubuntu, which stores its play-lists in the clouds to listen freely music. A service that moves closer to the Premium version of Spotify. It includes synchronizing files, contacts and notes but also the service of legal downloading of online music. There is no issue of error or bugs on that. All you need is to type the name in the software manager and you will get the update on that place. Just do the same and run it. You will get the icon on your desktop. Linux Mint offers you a better integration of the same like the older version of Linux.

I had subscribed for a 50GB of online space that needs to play $9.99. The operating is single-platform. What new improvements you will find for this is that Canonical has also worked on the service for support on mobile phones. So by that it is now possible to synchronize contacts and also on the same hand listen to the streaming music available on Ubuntu One. The first service for mobile phones. It will be possible to sync photos taken directly from a smartphone to the account ubuntuone. However these services are not free. Syncing contacts is only possible for those who bought at least a pack of paid storage and streaming service is available via a pay offer only. For the Ubuntu Mobile One the charges for the same is $ 3.99 per month or $ 39.99 per year.