Thread: Cannot connect laptop to net when SSID is not transmitted

Cannot connect laptop to net when SSID is not transmitted

My Acer AS3810TZ laptop by a Intel WiFi 1000BGN having the most recent drivers and running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Cannot connect to the Internet through a Linksys WRT54G WiFi router at what time the Service set identifier, or SSID is not transmitted however when the Service set identifier, or SSID is transmitted it always connects. I also make use of MAC filters. One more laptop in my home has no trouble for the previous two years which is running Vista is connecting to the similar router at what time Service set identifier or SSID is hidden. I read somewhere else on forum that bu enabling WiFi QOS may resolve the trouble I attempted that but no chance. Is anybody else facing the similar trouble. Any proposal, advice is welcome. Does anybody have a solution for this?

Re: Cannot connect laptop to net when SSID is not transmitted

This is a really a strange trouble. I do not broadcast Service set identifier, or SSID on my router. As well as I connect to it effectively from following platforms: Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate, and Mac OS X Leopard, Ubuntu in no way faced any trouble! I have the similar wireless router you have.I will recommend you to try through ubuntu live CD on your Acer laptop.

Except for the above I can’t appear to make back up disks, subsequent to the initial disk it cause an error. Go to the Acer website for the toll free number to contact the customer support was surprised to observe this model Acer 3810TZ has a recall for machines. Certainly for an additional reason and not connected with my two troubles.

Fine, I have not at all hidden my Service set identifier, or SSID and just select to protect my home wireless network by making use of WPA2-PSK as well as a 63 character random ASCII input. I do alter the key two times a year; at the daytime saving to standard time alter, though. I have by no means had a breech. Memorize you be able to simply alter network keys at any moment and make use of Windows Connect Now on the way to store the key on a flash drive intended for later use or else if guests come over.

Thanks very much for your prompt. Let me make clear I have been making use of WPA2 & AES for the previous three years through my HP laptop with no troubles. As well as at the Acer service center I was exposed that this laptop be able to connect to their hidden network making use of WPA and TKIP as a result it appears to be a trouble just by WPA2 and AES. I am making use of the most recent drivers obtainable. Is this an independent Microsoft choice that Windows 7 will not connect to hidden Service set identifier, or SSID ?