Thread: Opera: Where I can find the profile path information

Opera: Where I can find the profile path information

I am here with the curiosity; I just want to know which is the file that is holding the profile-path information for the Opera browser. I just want to know where I can find the .ini file that is having the information stored about all the users. Is not there any thing like the search option that is there in the Windows 7 by clicking on Search Option and can get the folder that is holding the Profile Folder here.

Re: Opera: Where I can find the profile path information

I really do not think that it is good to have this much curiosity. Well one should have the curiosity but on the same note he or she has to be careful. The thing that you have asked for is present in the system folder and if you want to have a deal with the same then it will be great if you can go after this with utmost care here. Well you can look for this opera6.ini. Make a search for this and see if you can get it dig out after this.

It was really a quick response from my colleague here, But let me tell you that if you are the regular user of the Opera and you are using the older version of it then you can definitely say that it is the opera6.ini. IN addition to this let me tell you that if you have switched to the new version of the Opera then it has been changed to operaprefs.ini. I have at this moment this much information with me. Will let you know more if I will be able to dig out.

In Opera there are two storage locations. The two locations are Roaming Appdata and Local Appdata. Roaming Appdata contains bookmarks and passwords and when it comes to the Local Appdata then it contains bulky things like cache and history. If you want to locate the location for these folders then you can go in the Menu and then go to the Help and then select the About Opera options and see if you can have the solution solved.

I think that it will be simply great if you can have the Opera 10.63 installed for you and after that let me tell you that after going with this step you will have the proper documentation of the Opera so that you can have the location of the things that you have asked for here. Please make the installation of this and see if you can dig out the location at the default location that was specified above. Hope that this will really help you here.