Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-01-2011

How much time will google take to index my page again

So for my lack of experience was the following question arises: the sitemap I went two days ago, can get my site is well indexed and I do not go because you have to wait a while? Or on the contrary if it has been two days and have not been indexed is probably not indexed and I have to change things in the design. I hope I explained clearly.
Old 16-01-2011

Re: How much time will google take to index my page again

From several days to several months (and only when the site is accessible to robots of course). It all depends on how many and which are inbound links to your site. If you get some important links to sites often tracked by Google, the initial index only take days, if there are any links from other sites, it will be months until the site appears in the index.
Old 16-01-2011

Well, this is a bit surprising, and perhaps difficult to understand: The sitemap will not help in the index! Upload a sitemap and wait for indexing the site does not work by itself. Google only index the pages linked by ties of visible and "clickable" ("hyperlinks") that the robot finds on other sites already indexed, so for indexeo the cover of a site links out (elsewhere) are indispensable and of course it is also necessary to bind the other site pages (on the cover for example) so that the robot can find them by following these links. The sitemap plays no role in this process. In most cases the sitemap is a diagnostic tool only.
Old 16-01-2011

Actually none of the wonder here but need a sitemap for the mere observation of index. The sitemap can be helpful in another sense (index) for very large sites with high frequency of changes and high trust Google, for eg catalog * com www amazon or similar. For all other ordinary site much more important than the sitemap in XML would be an HTML sitemap, linked by their time in the home page.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,