Thread: Windows 7:localhost/ping broken

Windows 7:localhost/ping broken

i have recently updated my computer with windows x64.Well my internet connection works some time slow,some times its works perfectly. I have found that pinging to local host using ivp4 and ivp6 is completely broken. Also services like Ana apache server do not work at all. However http request is working fine. If you have any solution to solve the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7:localhost/ping broken

Well looking at your situation i am suggesting you that you should try run your system in safe mode with networking.Well to enter into safe mode use the following steps. First of all you have to restart the computer and press F8 key from the keyboard. You will find multiple option on the screen. Select Safe mode with networking with using arrow key in Windows Advanced Menu Options. Once you have selected press enter from the keyboard. Now see that problem exists or not.

I am suggesting you to reset router to solve the problem. You can use the following steps to reset the router. If there is a problem with router then i think resetting will solve the problem. Now question is how to reset router? Well you have to press and hold paperclip/reset down for minimum 10 seconds. It will automatically reboot. The unit is ready once blinking of lights gets stop. Now you have reset your router. I hope it will help you out.

Well i don't have any idea why it is happening? And i don't have any idea about the possible fix for your problem. But i can let you that you should contact your Internet Service Provider regarding your problem. I think ISP is the only one who can tell you what is the root cause of the problem as well as possible solution to over come from strange problem. I hope ISP helps you to solve your problem