Thread: What is the criteria for Google PageRank

What is the criteria for Google PageRank

I am having one query regarding which i need your help. Actually i am running a webpage whose links i have exchanged with some site which is having the high PageRank then mine. What i wanted know is criteria for Google PageRank. Does this will help to improve the pagerank of my site. If you are having any idea about same then let me know the same.

Re: What is the criteria for Google PageRank

Yes this will help you to increase the pagerank of your site but Google announced a few days ago that he had incorporated into its algorithm a new criterion: the speed of the site. or "site speed". This means that, officially, Google takes into account the fast loading of your pages in your site traffic to determine the place he will take in responding to queries. Referrers will be able to have an additional criterion to check to try to understand why a site does not get into Google. Google says that this new standard did not affect more than 1% of positions in their search engine. Must still be sure not to be part of those 1%. Google, on his blog provides tools to control that speed. Of particular interest free tools from Yahoo or firefox. Finally, Google Webmaster tools provide advice and measures.

It is simply important to keep in mind that PageRank is "not what it used" and that the many abuses that he has shown, have largely discredited in recent times. The race to the PR does seem to end and it is no longer necessary to focus on what your criteria for placement on search engines. However the Trust Rank, Page Rank sort of new generation could take his place in some time, and serve as a new reference. You have probably noticed on the forums or even on the referring sites, page rank is probably one of the topics that comes up most often and which also raises much debate. Its importance is particularly challenged, and the unbridled pursuit of annoys some PR points webmarketers seeking to relativity the weight that this criterion in the search engine results.

Yet, if one referrer to the definition of PR according to Google, you get this "The Page Rank is based on the unique nature of web, using the link structure extended to assess the value of a web page. Specifically, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote by page A for page B. But, Google places more importance on quality of links than the volume of links pointing to a site. For example, when Google scans the page where the vote, it will give more importance to the link if this page is relevant. Thus, the page that has the link will be even better evaluated as well. Thus, based on this and other criteria, Google provides what is called a 'criterion of relative importance of pages ".