Thread: Wireless router not working after install windows 7

Wireless router not working after install windows 7

One of my friends comes at my home with his newly purchased inbuilt windows 7 compatible Dell inspiron laptop, and request me to set up the wireless network connection. I am using a windows vista OS support Compaq Presario laptop; this is physically connect with my home network. Now the problem is that, when I tried to connect with my home network, the machine directs that, this operating system does not support the network service, me and my fried does not having any deep knowledge about this issue. So I am here for getting some suggestion regarding this, is there anyone having any idea on this problem?

Re: Wireless router not working after install windows 7

I think the driver that your friend is using in his machine is not compatible with the operating system version. So I would like to suggest you to visit the manufacturer web site and from there download desire driver application, which is supports the operating system version also with the machine specification. Along with also make the proper configuration of your network and the machine, insert proper IP address, and other settings those are required. I think, you will be able to connect the machine with wireless network connection. Also in the firewall option, make sure that the connectivity is enabling. For that first go to firewall setting window, from there look for the connection setting tab, enable the connection option. From there also you can search the network service, by which you are willing to connect the machine. Go through this, it will surely help you.

Did you check your Network interface card? Whether this is working perfectly or not. For that go to the device manager and there look for the network tab, open the tab and be sure that the card ping correctly with the machine and network router. If you found any problem there, ten try once by restart the router also the machine, now aging plug your machine with the network and configure your machine, I hope this time you will be able to connect your machine with wireless network. I told you this, I was facing similar issue, after that I tried all processes, but nothing works, then I did a deep search about this issue, and found that the network interface card was not pinged properly in my machine. I pinged and the problem solved. So you also try once with this, it will might be help you.

Go for the trouble shoot option, if there is any problem in the network service, then by this process it will be detected. After that you will be able to locate the problem. But if you did not found any problem in your network service, then I am sure that, this is for the operating system, and recommend you to reload the operating system in your machine. For that insert the installation disk and start the installation process. It will first ask you to select installed drive, and then format the selected drive. After that it will reinstall the operating system in a fresh way. Remember that you need o reload your wireless driver also after install operating system.

I would like to suggest you to reload the wireless driver in your machine, for that go to the device manager and open network tab, before any process make sure the network card and other settings regarding network service are pinged properly. Right click on the driver name, and select update option. Choose advanced option, this will directs you to locate the driver application from the disk or some other location where you stored that one, locate and start the installation process, after complete the process reboot your machine. And then reconfigure your friend’s machine with network, by search the wireless network. I think now you can able to connect your machine in network and also able to access internet.