Thread: Torrents start fast but slow down gradually

Torrents start fast but slow down gradually

Hi all, I am having the AirTel 1399 impatience plan which gives me 4 mbps up to 25GB. I do not have high download use and 25 GB is more than enough for me. It typically last me the complete month. I am in front of a eccentric difficulty that whenever I download a torrent with the help of utorrent then I notice that the downloading starts extremely fast and it is around 500 KBPS and upper. But slowly within 10 mins it lower down to 15-20 KB per second. Now If I close the utorrent and try to download that again then it gives me the same result again. I am having Beetel 450 TC1 router. Can you guess that what can be the reason for this behavior and can this be avoided? Thank you.

Re: Torrents start fast but slow down gradually

There may be some problem in the router that you are using. So see for the settings for your router. Check if there are any settings that can alter the speed of download. If there is any then change that settings accordingly and see if that can solve the problem for you. If you are not able to get such settings then you can try to configure the router once again and reset all the settings for that. If this is due to badly configured router then this can solve the problem which you are facing while downloading from internet.

I think that the modem that you are using is a wireless modem. If that is true then there is possibility that someone else is also using the same internet devoid of your acquaintance. If that is true then that will consume the bandwidth that you are using and as a result of that the speed of the internet will be reduced. So you need to ensure that whether you are making use of the encryption on utorrent or not. Duplicate the similar intended for a big file throughout HTTP/FTP download to observe if you contain the similar difficulty there.

Dear Laila, thank you so much for your reply but I would like to tell you that the speed is decreasing gradually with the time and if I start it again then it pickups the speed to normal one. So I do not think that it is because someone is using the same bandwidth of mine. As well, if I download as of a straight HTTP download then I get the consistent speed of about 450 KNPS to 600 KBPS. If there is any other reason or solution then please let me know. Thank you.

I think that it is a settings trouble over anything else. Confirm that encryption is active otherwise forced. Also it will not be a terrible thought to double ensure download speeds within safe mode by means of network and also with the help of torrents, just to confirm that it is not a software otherwise port disagreement associated difficulty. I just consider making use of a tool which is known as half open connection patcher that may assist windows to provide 8 h/f open connections on some prearranged time moreover through torrents you may require approximately 50 to 100 that depends upon torrent. You can perform the entire steps otherwise only google some guides that is on configuring utorrent, there accustomed to be a number of on IBF too.