Thread: ‘Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings’ error generated after login

‘Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings’ error generated after login

I have installed Windows XP on my computer. I am facing very serious problem while connecting with internet. Well it shows ‘Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings’. I have done everything which I could do to solve the problem but every effort of mine wasted. Now I am requesting to you all guys to help me out from this situation. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: ‘Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings’ error generated after login

Well you have provided very less details to figure out the problem. If it is better if you can provide little more information so I can tell you possible way to trouble shoot the problem. Well let me know about setting of IPv4 address, Default gateway and DNS server of your internet connection. Provide me details about the same as soon as possible so I could tell you further steps to solve the matter. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: ‘Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings’ error generated after login

I think use the following instruction to solve your matter. Well first of all you have to enter into Setup of the network using control Panel. You have to set IP address to manual instead of automatic. Use the following values to update the same.
    IPv4 address 192.168.2.155
    Default gateway 192.168.2.254
    DNS server 192.168.2.254
    Once you have entered the values press Ok. You will not require restarting the computer. Once you get finished try to ping on command prompt whether it is working or not.

Well I was having the same problem and I tried a lot to solve the problem but there was no difference in the situation. I tried with enabling and disabling with the network card and magically the problem was vanished. You have to use the following steps to enable/disable the network card. Simply enter into Network and Sharing Center. You should right click on Network Card and select disable from the right click menu. Now you have to enable the same by using the same method. I hope it will solve your problem. Wish you all the best.

I am not sure about this solution but I think the drivers of the network adapter might be corrupted due to some reason. So I am suggesting you to visit the manufacture website to download the latest driver of the device. Once you have downloaded the driver install it on your computer and see whether the problem is solved or not. If still problem I am suggesting you to contact manufacturer with problem. I think they will solve your problem.