Thread: Unable to Invoke the Default E-mail Client from the Windows 7 Contacts Folder

Unable to Invoke the Default E-mail Client from the Windows 7 Contacts Folder

I am having a dell laptop and I have successfully imported my contacts from Windows Live to Contacts in Windows 7, however at what time I attempt to send email from windows 7 contact record it gives an error message which states that "An error occurred while attempting to invoke the default e-mail program". How do I email to my contact. Any assist will be greatly respected. I have previously set windows live mail at the same time as my default email program. Thank you in advance for any valuable suggestion.

Re: Unable to Invoke the Default E-mail Client from the Windows 7 Contacts Folder

I also, would like to make out what the deal is with "Windows Contacts" in Windows 7 at what time it comes to invoke the default e-mail program from the windows 7 contacts folder. I have Outlook 2007 and windows live mail installed on Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. At present, Outlook is set as my default e-mail client. At what time I click as well as highlight a contact inside the Windows Contacts folder and after that click right-click the contact and choose Action / Send E-mail from the context menu, I for all time get the following error messages “Either there is no default mail client or else the current mail client cannot complete the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client. An error occurred while attempting to invoke the default e-mail program." I have attempted setting both Outlook as well as Windows Live Mail as the default mail clients and Send Mail commands in Default Programs for both Outlook and Windows Live Mail, I have uninstalled as well as re-installed Office 2007 and Windows Live Mail, I have also deleted the Outlook sub keys inside HKey_Local_Machine->Software->Client->Mail and HKey_Local_Machine->Software->WOW6432Node->Client->Mail inside the registry, re-opened Outlook, all to no advantage.

Re: Unable to Invoke the Default E-mail Client from the Windows 7 Contacts Folder

As per my knowledge, it is a wrecked feature, what I think to be inside Windows 7 itself. At what time I purchase a product that come by means of a feature or else service, I suppose it to work. At what time it does not, I inquire why in any case whether anybody else believes that it is applicable or not! My Windows 7 Contacts directory reflects my Outlook contacts and yes, I do like to make use of the Windows Contacts folder to straightforwardly choose a contact on the way to send an email by just invoking the default e-mail program. Or else at least I did at what time I was still making sue of Vista. For that reason it matters to me!

Completely NO logic to that process by any means! I do not yet imagine understanding why you would desire to make use of a Contacts list exterior of Outlook in any way. Particularly if they are replicated. In my system it works perfectly fine. Can you let me know where have you set Outlook as default so that we can try to provide some more information.

I make use of the Windows Contacts folder for more than immediately attempting to invoke the default e-mail program. The reason why I use it is trying to invoke the default e-mail program from inside the Windows Contacts folder. Outlook is set at the same time as the default e-mail application in Default Programs inside Windows 7 and in Outlook itself; Tools / Options / Other / Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, as well as Calender. I have as well attempted setting windows live mail as the default e-mail program also to observe if the Windows Contacts folder will invoke Windows Live mail at what time selecting a Windows Contact. Once more, I acknowledged the similar error messages as with Outlook, “Either there is no default mail client or else the current mail client cannot complete the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client. An error occurred while attempting to invoke the default e-mail program." I did not understand Why would I be encouraged to set Outlook as the default e-mail program at what time I previously had windows Live mail set as the default e-mail program at that time?

As I stated it functions flawlessly. As a result it is not a bug. Sounds like it is a permissions trouble in the registry. I will recommend running Outlook as administrator. To run Outlook as Administrator (discover the outlook.exe file furthermore right-click on it) and after that setting Outlook as default email client. And let us know whether your issue is resolve or not so that we can provide further assistance.