Thread: Ubuntu: Firefox times out finding servers

Ubuntu: Firefox times out finding servers

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and running Firefox in it. I am visiting some site it gives me an error message: time out. So I just don’t understand why this is occurring? Actually here I am new so don’t know what to do or how to solve this issue. Is there anyone know about this or anyone know why this error occurring??? Please someone help me to solve this issue. Any information regarding this problem greatly appreciated.

Re: Ubuntu: Firefox times out finding servers.

I also have the same issue and I had previously immobilized IPv6, but checked to be certain. I as well immobilized Prefetch. However while I enabled Shockwave in order to seem at a video clip on the YouTube, the troubles started up immediately, incapability to reach any site. Out of pure aggravation I installed Chromium browser on the PC, and ablaze it up. The primary thing I did was to watch a video clip on the YouTube site. It stopped playing semi way through, and I could not consequently access any site, that is alike as Firefox. So I have a problem in that plug-ins or add-ons emerge to cause browsers to stop commenting to servers.

Have you attempted downloading a big file up till now? If not, give it a shot. Attempt to discover a file bigger than 60 MB. The Internet Archive has a big collection of videos which can lawfully be downloaded for free, if you are hesitant of where to discover a downloadable file that big. Videos and Java applets be inclined to be large files. We require observing if it is only breaking on big files and you have just observed it on plug-in because that is the just time you download adequately big files, or if it is actually something concerning the plug-in which is performing it. As well, are you utilizing 32 or 64 bit Ubuntu?

I utilized that and downloaded 65 Mb which was after that played fruitfully utilizing Movie player. While it was playing I surfed with Firefox utilizing manifold tabs and did it productively. While the film wrecked I sustained to surf fruitfully, but after that I clicked on a video clip on a news page with Shockwave facilitated and within a minute or so the browsing ground to a halt, not capable to access sites. This is accurately what has been occurrence with no fail. I did not install Ubuntu 10.04 myself, it is installed by my engineer, so don't know for certain. I am utilizing Dell Inspiron Netbook, with Intel Atom processor. Utilized cat /proc/cpuinfo and obtained cflush size 64, cache position 64, address size: 32 bits physical, 50 bits virtual.

So now we require observing what is occurrence to your network connection while the plug-in kill it. Run these commands on a terminal while it is functioning:
    Code:
    ifconfig -a
    route ip
    dig google.com
    ping google.com
    ping 6.6.6.6
    For the very last two commands, you will require to stay about 20 seconds and after that push CTRL+C to discontinue them. After that, sprint a page with a plug-in till it kills your Internet, and sprint the over commands once more. Now, duplicate and paste the earlier and later than to a respond to this. Hopefully that will point out what is going incorrect.

Re: Ubuntu: Firefox times out finding servers

The solution for some URL return timeout error is in firewall settings.

Just disable the following, in firewal preferences (menu Edit/Preferences/Advanced Options):

block broadcasts from external network
    block broadcasts from internal network
    block traffic from reserved addresses on public interfaces

Have fun,
    João Moreira.