Thread: How to install internet explorer in Linux mint 10

How to install internet explorer in Linux mint 10

I wanted to know this from you all. How can I install internet explorer in my Linux mint 10. Since I was using Mozilla Firefox from quite some time and I am thinking of changing the web browser now. I have heard about the internet explorer 8 in the market. So I am thinking to better to switch to it right now. Since it is from the Microsoft so the installation process would not be so easy. So that’s why I am asking you all how to install the internet explorer 8 in my Linux operating system. So if you have any suggestions then do share it with me.

Re: How to install internet explorer in Linux mint 10

Well the solution for your problem is quite simple. You have to search for the wine application. It is designed to serve you well for all the applications that are compatible with the windows. All the windows programs can be run well using the wine application. So my recommendation would be to use the wine application and then run the internet explorer 8 in the linux application. Do consider this suggestion it will help you.

I have heard about the playonlinux software which is specially designed for the Linux operating systems. This software is designed especially for the people who want to run any applications which run on windows and not on the linux. So you can download and install this particular software in your system and you will be able to run the internet explorer 8 in your system .Though it is a new software so I cant say much about the software. If you want more details about the particular product then you can personally check the details by visiting its website. So I hope you are clear with my suggestions.

Well I think it would be best to use any of the other web browsers who work very well In the linux. If you are not happy with the performance of the Firefox then you can switch to the google chrome or the newly launched opera 11. I think using those web browsers will definitely help you because they are known to be much faster than the internet explorer 8. So I think that you must reconsider your decision of using the internet explorer 8 and better switch to some other browser. However this is my opinion if you still want to go with the internet explorer then the methods suggested above will be handy for you.

If you ask me then I would advice you to install scripts that are listed in many of the wine websites. On running of this particular scripts you will get that particular wine program installed in the Linux system and you will be able to run any of the windows supporting program or application. While talking about the performance of internet explorer 8 in the linux then let me tell you it does not perform well. I had it installed quite some days ago and the performance was quite disappointing so I had to immediately uninstall it. So I switched to the Firefox browser. Which works quite well. So if you still want to work with the internet explorer 8 then you can go ahead with it.