Thread: Constantly needed resetting the network adapter

Constantly needed resetting the network adapter

Well I am having very serious problem with Network adapter of mine and I have decided to discuss with you all in order to solve my problem. Previously I had installed windows Vista on my computer and I had to reset the network adapter at regular interval to access the internet. I thought Windows 7 will solve my issue but it also failed to solve the issue. I do not understand what the issue is? And how can I solve the problem? Please help me out from this frustrating situation. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Constantly needed resetting the network adapter

Well you told me that you have installed Windows 7 on your computer so I am suggesting to you to use Network Troubleshooter to solve the problem. Well Network Troubleshooter will help you to identify the problem and it will also help you to fix the problem. To launch the network troubleshooter you have to click on Diagnose or Troubleshoot whenever the network error message is displayed on the screen. As far as I know some program detects the network troubleshooter automatically whenever any issue occurs. Well you can also launch the network troubleshooter by right clicking on the network icon on the task bar and choose Troubleshoot problem. I think using Network Troubleshooter will help you to solve your problem.

Many time such problem occur due to corruption in Winsock. Well corruption may occur due to malware infection or due to networking software installation. I think resetting the Winsock may solve your problem. Well the question is how to reset the Winsock? You have to click on the Start menu. Now you have to run the command prompt as admin of the system. Now you have to enter netsh winsock reset catalog on the command prompt and press enter from the keyboard. I hope by resetting Winsock your problem will get solved.

I think you can make things working if you use the following step that I am going to mentioned below. Well first of all you have to right click on My Computer. Now select Manage from the right click menu. Now double click on Device Manager. You have to select Network Adapter. Select properties of the network adapter and go for Advanced. You have to disable Receive Side Scaling. It should not be enabled. I hope this will solve your problem. Please tell me whether above mentioned step was help to you or not. Wish you all the best.

Well I think resetting the routers factory settings may help you to solve your problem. You have to press reset button and on/off button of the router for at least for the 15 seconds. Now shutdown your computer, router and modem. You have to plug the modem with WAN/Internet port of the router. Switch on the modem and router. Turn on your computer. Once the computer is booted you should check whether the problem exists or not.

Well I think the network adapter is not working properly so I think you have to update the drivers of the network adapter. I recommend you that you should visit the website of the manufacturer of the Network adapter. Here you have to look for the latest driver on the website. You should download the driver on your computer and install the same on your network adapter. Once you have installed the driver you should check that the problem persist or not. I think your problem will get disappear. According to me it is the most reliable solution that I can give you to fix your problem