Thread: Firefox Running Very Slow in Linux Mint

Firefox Running Very Slow in Linux Mint

Hello friends, I am the new user of the Linux Mint 9 before I was working with the Ubuntu on the same system. I don’t know that for some reason the Firefox is performing absolutely slow. It appears to me that it takes long amount of time to load the single page and we should have to forget regarding the Videos, it takes more than that. It is taking very long time to upload the basic web page such as the Yahoo, Google, Facebook and several other web sites. Please help me, what steps can be taken to make it fast.

Re: Firefox Running Very Slow in Linux Mint

What is your ISP connection? I think that it is slowness is totally depends on the speed of the internet provided by the service provider. What are the Download and the upload speed? Check the speed at the dslreports.com/speedtest?flash=1 at this. And then report back the information. Also might be the issue with web browser. Try to use different web browser and then check speed. See whether it helps you from the trouble.

Yes you are right; I had check and test the speed of my internet connection. I got the Download speed of approximately around 600 kb/s and the upload speed is 20kb/s also I get the latency of about 640ms. It provides me somewhat to copy on the way to clip board however despite who I pasted it at this point it simply provide the "link' that went no position. And the think I had noted that the when I pull up "Connection Information" it informs me the speed is 54 Mb/s.

As per me, that it is not the best link you had got that is why you are getting the problem, but more prominently the upload is very low down almost certainly by as a minimum a sort of extent plus similarly the latency is enormously high by contrast, I am getting the latency 60ms. Mainly probable your neighbor has a difficulty with their internet link. I recommend you go away and had a word with them and have they run a alike speed test from their own device.

That gives away details of the entire thing. That is gravely dreadful latency (640ms) there. The upload and download speeds would be to some extent decent but not with that latency. If you are take undue credit off of a neighbors wireless then that's several severe packet thrashings too. The more you are away through the wireless access point the poorer the superiority is. Adding up walls and distance harshly disgraces signal superiority.