Thread: After installing update for Firefox it opens two pages and hangs

After installing update for Firefox it opens two pages and hangs

I was getting the pop up for updating the Mozilla Firefox of mine to the latest version of the Browser here to 3.6.13 and I was really annoyed with this so I gave this a try. After getting the update installed in my case successfully I have seen that it is opening two pages after I launch it here. It actually opens the two pages in two different tabs and one more thing that I have observed here is that both of them have different tabs here. In addition to that I have seen that it is not stable as well. Mozilla Firefox is keeping crashing here in my case. Either it crashes or I have seen that it just keeps on hanging. Can you all there help me what can be done here so that I can get out of the issue in the clean manner here?

Re: After installing update for Firefox it opens two pages and hangs

Well it seems that you have done the update for the Mozilla Firefox after a long time and hence you are experiencing this thing as a issue here. Actually the things I that when you make the update and then when the Firefox restarts you will be able to see more than one page opening on the browser. In order to get out of this you will be required to reset the Home Page of the browser. Please do this and see if you can get the issue of the double page opening on your browser solved after this there. Regarding the issue of the Firefox getting hanged really I do not think that there can be any solution to this solution here. Please let me know if you were able to get rid of the issue with the above step there.

You can reset the Home Page on the Mozilla Firefox in a very handsome manner. Launch the Firefox browser and then go in the Tools option that is there present above. Under the Tool option you will be required to select the Options there. After that select the Main tab there and then you will be required to see for the Home Page option there. Now in the URL space just specify the URL of the page that you want to have the Homepage on your browser and then click on the OK button. For the hanging issue let me tell here that you the only standard version of the Firefox browser that I have seen are the Mozilla 3.5 and above that I have not seen anything more than this. So I am of the opinion that the new version might have some issue here.

I do not think that this version of the Mozilla Firefox that you have installed on your system should be hold responsible for the issue here as I have this version and it is really working fine and that too without any issue here. I think that you are having the issue because of some of the Plug ins or the Add ons and if that is the case then let me tell you that it will be great if you can make the uninstallation of all the plug ins and then keep on adding one each time and see after installation of which plug ins or add ons you are getting the issue. Do this at the earliest and let me know if this solves the issue of yours. If you do not see the solution in this way the I am of the opinion that reinstallation of the browser will really help you to get out of the issue there.

In my opinion the update that you have made here is buggy and hence you must have got the issues here. I would like you to see if you can uninstall the update or simply uninstall the Mozilla Firefox and then again go for the installation of the things here. Please uninstall it from the Control Panel and then proceed with the fresh installation of the Browser there. After you do it just see that you disable the automatic update on your browser so that you might not install this again here. Go to the Tools and then go to the Options and after that you will have to go to the Advanced option there. Finally go to the Update tab there. As the last step uncheck this option there: Automatically check for updates.

If all the things do not go in your way and you are seeing the issue in your case again and again then it will be great if you can simply have the uninstallation of this Firefox 3.6.13 and have the 3.5 version of the Mozilla Firefox for you. While uninstallating the things please make sure that you have the CCLeaner and the Registry Cleaner as well in your case and then proceed with the installation of the Firefox browser there. Do this and see if you can hear the stable news of this version of the Firefox. Well I will notify about the same if you want and then you can have this version installed in your case there. Till then it will be really appreciated that you just avoid using it on your system there.