Thread: Export Names and Email Addresses from Thunderbird

Export Names and Email Addresses from Thunderbird

So let me be very much clear with the things here, I have the Thunderbird with me and I was able to have the all my mails and every other things from my Gmail Account successfully. Without any issue here. I was able to have all the messages as well in here and that too without any issue here. So now I can see all the names and the email addresses and messages in the Mozilla Thunderbird here. Now the thing that I want to do is; I want to make a further export here. I want to make a transfer of all these things to a text file. Is there really a way by which I can have done this here?

Re: Export Names and Email Addresses from Thunderbird

Well in case of the Mozilla Thunderbird if you want to make the Export of the data then here it is that you will be required to do. I really do not know how you can have this export done for the message I am really blank at the moment here. In the Thunderbird you will have to click on the Address Book that is there on the Toolbar there. After that you will have to Click on the Menu and then click on the Tools then select Export and after this you will be required to choose Save as type = Comma separated from the drop down list. Specify the fields and click on the Save button after this. Then let me know if you were at all helped with the things that I have mentioned above. Hope that you will have the issue solved here in your case there.

You want to make the things in the reverse order here so I am of the opinion that you will have to make use of the ImportExportTools here. This is the new look of the MboxImport that you might have heard previously. Well with this new thing you will be not only able to import messages but also you will be able to export the messages as well and that too with much more ease and more comfortably here. You will be required to follow the steps in the following manner here: First go to Tools Menu then ImportExportTools and then Context menu on folders panel and at the final step to Import/Export. Hope that you will definitely like this thing and you will find this useful in your case above. Let me know about the same there.

Thanks a lot for coming up with the suggestions here; on the fast track suggestion I tried going with the first suggestion that was given above but really let me tell you that I was not able to have the file in the manner that I actually wanted it to be in there. On your suggestion I tried saving it on the desktop but after that I have seen that I am not able to open up the file there. It just says that is an xpi file and says that Windows cannot open up the file at all. What can you all here tell me on the suggestion here. I need to have assistance in this thing now.

I do not think that while doing the things in this manner you will be required to have an assistance in this matter here. You have mentioned that you want the files to be saved in the text format well this is what you want or is it the message or warning thing like that you are getting there. Try to do this make a right click on the download link on the home page of extensions and then go in Thunderbird there and go to Tools and then go in the Add ons there. After this go in the Extensions tab and then click on the Install and get the things to be installed here. Now go to the downloaded file and then click on the Open option there. See if after doing this you will be able to see the installation going in the said manner. Reopen Thunderbird so that the installation can be completed here.

Well it even looks to me that you will have to make use of the Addons here to work in your case there. So looking at this just follow the steps that has been presented above and see if that really works in your case there. It seems that the thing that you have asked for is for the first time and will be able to solved with the help from the Mozilla Tech Support. If at all the things above do not help you in your case there then for sure you can talk about this with the TECH SUPPORT and see if you can get some valuable thing to share here as well.