Thread: Richtek call - hoax/ploy or a representative of Microsoft?

Richtek call - hoax/ploy or a representative of Microsoft?

I have expected multiple calls regarding malware as well as these public are extremely persistent that they assist. I now spend 15 minutes online as I went, foolishly, throughout my errors as well as warnings with somebody. Is this correct Would Microsoft call me by phone? Anybody capable to verify this? Please help me whatever suggestion you have so that I can get solve my issue.

Re: Richtek call - hoax/ploy or a representative of Microsoft?

From my information these are SCAM as well as FAKE plus NOT from Microsoft. Microsoft WON'T call you except you inquire them to call you such as contact technological support. Do NOT provide any individual detail to them. As well get in touch with your Phone supplier as well as tell them regarding this HOAX. So try this out and you get closer to your solution.

I expected a phone call from a woman calling she is “Catherine" state to be from Windows as well as that my computer was one of 2,000 by means of malware. I have 2 PCs, a modern one with windows Vista plus an old one with windows XP. On explanation this to her, she thought it was the XP system. At the occasion of the call, the system was off. I inquire if I could call her back. She supposed it was company policy not to provide out a phone number. I am now on the XP machine and have run a scan and update, and found nothing wrong. I also looked up Richtek plus establish it to be a divide company from Microsoft. On the "Contact Us" page, there is merely an email address with no phone number or postal addresses, so I perform not be acquainted with where this company is based. This information will help you.

This is at the extremely smallest amount a hoodwinking cold calling telesales call. Richtek may be a bona fide company; however its mode of business is incorrect as well as provides the technical support industry a bad name. Microsoft does not get in touch with users except they are contacted primary. Consequently, you are correct in thoughts that your calls were not authorized.