Thread: Need to add Windows Contacts with Windows Live Mail in Windows 7?

Need to add Windows Contacts with Windows Live Mail in Windows 7?

I am having a dell laptop. Recently upgraded my system from vista and installed windows 7 Home premium. I have issue with my windows live mail in windows 7. I would like to know Does Windows 7 ship through Windows Contacts built in? How does Windows Contacts share to Windows Live Mail? Please let me know any suggestion to this issue. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Need to add Windows Contacts with Windows Live Mail in Windows 7?

As per my knowledge windows 7 ships through Windows Contacts built in. The Information regarding Windows Contacts in Windows 7 are To run Windows Contacts, just type in ‘Contacts’ from the Start menu; To access Contacts, just open Windows Explorer, and navigate to C:\users->[user name]->Contacts\. And every contact has its own icon. Users be able to relate a picture with each contact.

Contacts from Windows Contacts are not shared through Windows Live Mail. On the other hand a user is able to import or export one to the other by means of the Import/Export choice given in each app. The drawback with Windows Live Mail is that it supports just 3 email add for each contact. I hope this helps. Please post any further query/concerns.

I have also recently installed windows 7 home premium and after when I come to know that it does not come with an Email client, I immediately downloaded and installed Windows Live Mail. I can export my mail folder from my windows xp machine's Windows Mail as well as import them into Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 machine. I was as well able on the way to perform the similar with contacts, which I imported into Windows Live Mail contacts.

In the beginning I found that directory while searching around I observe in C:\Users->MyName->Contacts is a MyName.contact file which is 50.3 kb. I have 311 as well as contacts that I have imported, so that did not appear correct to me, only if they are all stored in MyName.contact? I believe that each one be supposed to be its own separate .contact file right?

I do not observe a "Contacts" folder in my Windows Live Mail folder. On the other hand at whatever time I open up Windows Live Mail and click on Contacts, the entire 311 of them are plainly listed.I had a thought: I tried to generate a new contact through the name "123ABC" all the way through the contacts list in Windows Live Mail. After that I did a search for 123ABC.contact, however I could not locate it!Please assist me to get rid of this issue.