Thread: Opera 11 looses mail after System Crash

Opera 11 looses mail after System Crash

I have not yet switched to Windows 7 here; but I have just upgraded the Opera Browser here. I have Opera 11 installed in my system well that is fine here. Along with this let me tell you that I have Windows XP running on the system. Now the issue; today when I was working here I have seen that while shutting the system it was saying that it could not save the data. I will be required to run chkdsk there. So I ran the ckdsk there and then I have seen that it recovers the operaprefs.ini into a directory but I was not at all able to get that working here. I again restarted the system and after this I have seen that Opera just functions as a NEWLY installed web browser. Also I have seen that the mails are not getting displayed there. Any help in the matter to get back the Mails will be really appreciated here. I was not able to get any help from the internet; please help me guys.

Re: Opera 11 looses mail after System Crash

Well it seems to me that I can really help you with the situation that you are stuck with here. Do the things in the following manner here. First of all make a backup of all the data and then launch the Opera Browser. After this you will be required to set the value of the following: opera:config#Mail|MailDatabaseConsistencyCheckTime to zero. Close the Opera browser. When the browser will close you will see Opera running Maildatabaseconsistencycheck. Let it get complete there and then see if you can get back the Mails that you had lost after this. Hope that this will really help you in your case there.

I will appreciate if you can come up with another post here. It will be great if your next post can hold up the result that you had received after running the chdsk there. It really seems to me that if you will let us know about all the errors there then we will be able to dig out the solution in your case for sure. The crash that you might have got may be because of the Older Hard Disk there. Please let me know how old is the hard disk of yours there? Come with the answers to the questions asked and we will try to see for the solution after that.

In my opinion the crash that you might have experienced is because of the Opera 11 here and let me tell you that it will be simply nice if you can get rid of this browser. I have seen most of the cases that say that they have experienced such issues with the Opera Browser and hence I would suggest you to simply roll back to the previous version of the Opera browser and then use this browser seamlessly. Hope that you will follow the suggestion at the earliest and will see to get the Opera 10.63 to be installed on your system there. Please let me know about this there.

To be frank this version of the Opera browser is under the development and hence you are bound to get the issue with this browser here. So if you want to make the things running on your system in the nice manner then it will be simply great if you can have the standard version of the Opera installed for you there. On the suggestion box if you want you can have the Opera 10.63 or the older version than this. I have seen that this browser was freezing itself; was hanging the system but for the very first time I have seen that it has the potential to make the system crash. Please if you do not want this to happen in your case again then please make sure that you do uninstall the Opera 11 and then proceed with the things here.

If at all you are going for the installation of the Opera 10.63 or older then this then see if you can go with the clean installation there. Please make use of the Registry Cleaner and the CCleaner so that you can make delete the traces of the older files as well from the system here. After you run the above two programs then you can download the older version of Opera and then can make the installation. Regarding the recovery of the mail really I do not think that you will be able to have that for you here. In respect of the version wait for another release and I am hoping that the version 11.01 will not have this issue there. When it will get released then you will be able to enjoy the new version will all the issues solved hopefully.