Thread: Firefox / thunderbird completely fail to connect to any site, but pings fine

Firefox / thunderbird completely fail to connect to any site, but pings fine

As I have entirely failed at installing lots of dissimilar versions of Ubuntu including Linux Mint on my desktop, it may have somewhat to do with the Asus MX-M2V motherboard. I determined to setup Mint 9 on my old laptop. Booting to the HD, I can ping local IPs with a packet time of concerning 12 ms and google.com with packet time of concerning 50 ms. However Firefox and thunderbird totally be unsuccessful to connect to any site. Well maybe not wholly, while I attempted to connect to one site with Firefox I get the message:
    A DB Error takes place.
    Not capable to connect to your database server utilizing the provided settings
    While I attempted to connect to forums.techarena.in I get the message:
    General error.
    SQL ERROR
    Too many connections [1024]
    An SQL error take place while enticing this page
    During the setup from CD procedure the setup appeared to suspend at about 90 percent downloading language packs and I was specified the selection to strike the Skip key which I did, and once more the install appeared to hang at about 97 percent, and once more I pushed the Skip button. I wonder if this was a reason or indication of my trouble.

Re: Firefox / thunderbird completely fail to connect to any site, but pings fine

It may not be your issue in any way. Just tell, does Firefox connect to other sites fine? Sporadically for the previous month I have been receiving the SQL error of two many users. Generally I am on a wireless connection, but I have observed it on wired connections as well. Past this week I setup Mint 9 32 bit Gnome for my brother on Dell desktop, complete setup utilizing the whole hard drive. I had the similar language pack problems. Strike skips both times. Obviously this occurs later than I assured him a 20 to 30 minute install. Maybe took above an hour. After that updating a few packages the next night took extremely long. There is maybe a server load problem going on.

Re: Firefox / thunderbird completely fail to connect to any site, but pings fine

Can you depart to the BIOS and ensure the boot order, also hard drive first if you finished installation or visual drive first if you are still annoying to finish installation. Make certain you turn off the choice to boot from network card or LAN. One more same error: PXE-E53. The PXE-E53 message is from a try to boot from the Network, generally the last choice in the boot order. Boot into the BIOS and ensure the boot order, make certain the hard drive is still scheduled, and that the BIOS can still perceive it. If not, unlock the case and test the cables, both end of the data cable, and the power cable. If you have access to an additional system, you can attempt connecting the drive to it to observe if it is seen. If not, then it is probable dead.

I handled to dig up in the BIOS. I have no idea what key mixture did it; it is none of the obvious ones like DEL, F1, F2, TAB, and so on. Boot order was CDROM-LAN; I have rearrange BIOS to factory defaults, HDD-CDROM-LAN. Mint now boots devoid of exhibiting g any post messages and I still have the similar trouble! Any analytic tests I can run which will assist? Please suggest something which help me to solve this issue.

I will attempt all that later. And, to only to validate, I was utilizing sudo apt-get update not what I wrongly lined. And your assumption is right; Firefox will not attach to any site in any way. I would not have thought connectivity was a problem as my pings are OK and I was earlier connecting well while I had Windows XP on the laptop utilizing the similar network cable. I will as well attempt swapping cables with my desktop though; observe if that makes dissimilarity.