Thread: How can I enable ipv6 to join homegroup

How can I enable ipv6 to join homegroup

I'm attempting to join my home group on a laptop which is recently I am using windows 7 operating system. It tells me to run the troubleshooter, so in order to fix this I have did that. That leads me to wireless network connection properties which demonstrate that ipv6 is enable. On the other hand, when I click on my connection in the Network and Sharing Center, it demonstrates ipv4 with internet access and ipv6 along with "no network access." I am running a Linksys WRT300N router and my laptop has an Intel Pro /Wireless 3945abg which is installed. How am I able to solve this issue?

re: How can I enable ipv6 to join homegroup

When you tick on your connection, it demonstrates the Wireless Connection Status dialog. The IPv4 connectivity should be Internet and the IPv6 connectivity should be No Internet access.There is a particulars button on that dialog. Does the Network link Details show somewhat for the third last item, Link-local IPv6 Address? On mine, it has:
    1- Link-local IPv6 Address
    2- IPv6 Default Gateway
    3- IPv6 DNS Server

On the Wireless Network Connection Properties dialog, you speak the IPv6 is enabled. I take for granted you mean the checkbox is checked.

Regarding this I just want to thank you and I am doing this just for helping me out. I ran across the info at this websitewindows reference. Actually I got the link of this on to the Google. And really I do not remember it’s link but whatever solution I have got there it just fix my issue.And I just also told to other if they are going through this then they are also able to try this I am sure that they will also get solution.

I have the similar difficulty in the properties it demonstrate that ipv6 is checkered but when I go to detail there is no way I am able to discover any piece of ipv 6 so I am not able to run Homegroup , I also attempt to reinstall this tunneling adapter and windows is not capable to reinstall this driver. So regarding this if you guys have any better solution then please share it.