Thread: Windows 7: no internet via Ethernet connection

Windows 7: no internet via Ethernet connection

I have Toshiba laptop. Ethernet and wireless they both functions are very well with XP. Since advancement to Windows 7, my wireless is well, but I am not able to connect to the internet through Ethernet. Other computers in the house are linked to my router and work very well. I have set up an IP address by hand with no luck. Routinely setting it will not work either. I am using just TCP/IPv4. I have played with presently concerning everything I am able to think of and still no luck. The strange thing is that when I attempt to load a website, the data seems to drip in for a second. For example, at the time of opening google.com, it will look like its loading, but not anything will come up. Then just the text will come up later than maybe 20 seconds, but the logo will not. It will just hang there and time out. I am also not able to log-on to my router, similar problem, it will not load the web interface page, and will just time-out. Under the "Network and Sharing" center the whole thing seems to be fine. It will say I am linked to my network, and the diagnostics will not discover anything wrong. But still not getting anything. Any ideas?

Re: Windows 7: no internet via Ethernet connection

Regarding his I have one solution if you want then you can go for this. You just attempt to modify the flow control setting by following these steps:
    1. Open Device Manager by ticking the Start button Picture of the Start key, ticking Control Panel, ticking System and Maintenance, and after that ticking Device Manager. Administrator permission required if you are provoked for an administrator password or verification, type the password or give confirmation.
    2. After doing this you have to Right-tick the network adapter, and then tick Properties.
    3. And the second last step you have to do is Tick the Advanced tab, and after that tick Flow Control.
    4. and in the last Under Value, select Rx and Tx Enabled (in some cases, this might be called Auto or Rx/Tx Pause), and then tick OK.

I experience according to the circumstances you stated, you require to upgrade your Ethernet drivers from Toshiba official website that are well-matched along with windows 7. As you told that your laptop is kind of old, then at that time windows 7 was not released, and may be your Ethernet is not supported or registered along with windows 7, so you require to update it initially. As I include Dell D 620 Laptop, when I shift from win xp sp3 to windows 7, I have updated all the drivers and at the present my laptop is working very well in every way, so I will propose you to update your drivers initial. And if you again get any issue then ask me over here.

Routers do not be concerned what version of operating system you are making use of at the time of making an IP connection. Operating system is layer 5-7, IP is layer 3 i.e. networking. You reply is misleading and also I can say that it is a kind of incorrect. IP has not anything to do with operating system , i.e. Windows 7 or even Win 95. Routers work with all versions of operating system as long as they confirm to the IEEE Ethernet standards. The correct answer was answered later with the drives wanted for the older PC. That is most probably the difficulty.

Regarding this issue I think that I have to update my drivers too. Because the reason behind this is that I am also going through the same situation. But at the time when I have checked regarding this on to the Toshiba website it pointed to that the latest drivers for my computers integrated Ethernet card were the Windows 7 in box drivers. I'm recently making use of an Linksys WRT54GL. It should be well-matched. I have been attempting to attach through the router, but I immediately tried plugging directly into the cable modem and I have still got the same problem.