Thread: How to migrate emails without using OE6 from Outlook 2003 to Windows 7 Live Mail

How to migrate emails without using OE6 from Outlook 2003 to Windows 7 Live Mail

I have recently upgraded my PC from Vista to Windows 7 home premium. I have decided to move my emails from Outlook 2003 to Windows Live Mail, however cannot discover how to export my previous emails from Outlook to Windows Mail. I have read regarding going all the way through Outlook Express 6 as intermediary, but at what time I attempted that, it turn out you cannot install OE6 on a 64-bit machine.As a result I am at a loss. Can anyone tell me how do I move my previous emails from Outlook 2003 to Windows Mail?

Re: How to migrate emails without using OE6 from Outlook 2003 to Windows 7 Live Mail

Outlook Express is component of Windows XP; as a result you do not have to install it.
    1. Launch Outlook, and import the .pst file, exit Outlook.
    2. Now launch Outlook Express, and import messages from Outlook, exit Outlook Express.
    3. Click Tools -> Options -> Maintenance -> Store Folder and Copy the Outlook Express store folder to Windows 7.
    4. Now start Windows Live Mail, and import messages from Outlook Express store folder.

Re: How to migrate emails without using OE6 from Outlook 2003 to Windows 7 Live Mail

As per my knowledge Microsoft Outlook Express will not install on Windows Vista or else Windows 7, either 32-bit or else 64-bit. I would like to know do you have access to another PC? You can make use of OE on windows XP or Windows Mail on Vista at the same time as an intermediary. If you need any further information please let me know.

Thanks for offering to assist. I do have access to a laptop by means of windows XP. It is a job laptop by Outlook 2003 also; however I have administrator rights and may possibly install OE6. I am guessing you are thinking I be supposed to copy the .pst file to windows XP system, OE6 to IMPORT the pst, after that Export in mail format? If I have many email accounts (3), how would this work?Thanks once more for help.

I too have this issue. And I have attempted. It is a business laptop by means of custom windows code with Internet Explorer 6 installed, however no OE6. I downloaded the Internet Explorer 6/OE6 installer, but it states a newer edition of Internet Explorer is already installed, furthermore terminates.So unless I am able to download OE6 by itself, I do not imagine I be able to make use of the laptop as mediator.Any ideas?

I make out what is your issue. Maybe OE has just been removed from your Start menu. On the way to restore it, go to start menu->Control Panel- > Add or Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components and place a check mark inside the Outlook Express box. or else look for its executable file at the following location : C:\Program Files->Outlook Express->Msimn.exe