Thread: Unable to add wired and wireless computer in same Homegroup

Unable to add wired and wireless computer in same Homegroup

Well I am having two laptops and I had installed Windows 7 on both. One laptop is connected with LAN using wire and another laptop is connected with wireless router. Now my query is how to connect both the wired and wireless computer in the same homegroup? I tried lots of tick to achieve the same but it doesn’t make any difference in the situation. Also I want to share folder between wired and wireless networks so please tell me the procedure to achieve the same. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to add wired and wireless computer in same Homegroup

Well I think there is firewall enabled on your laptop. Firewall usually used to prevent unauthorized access to the network. I think the Firewall is causing the problem in your case. So I am requesting you to change the firewall setting on your computer. If it is possible you should disable the firewall and check whether the problem persists or not. Just try it and let me know whether I was right or wrong.

You are unable to join the Homegroup if you are not on the same network where the Homegroup is created. You have to click on the Network on the Task bar. Now select the desired network and click on connect. It is possible that it may prompt for network security key. You should enter it and now try to connect. Once you have connected with network you can connect the Join group. So you can conclude that one can join the homegroup but cannot create the same.

Well I was having the same issue that you had mentioned on your post but somehow I managed to solve my problem. Well first of all I had plugged in wireless adapter in my computer. I had disabled the Wired network card on the same computer. I used my laptop to find out the homegrop and joined the homegroup with no trouble. Once I finished with this I had unplugged the wireless adapter and also enabled the wired network card on my computer. Now I am don’t have any problem with Homegroup after doing this. Please ask me if you have any query about this problem. Thanks a lot for using my suggestion.

It is also possible that you are location of the network is not set as Home. Homegroup only works when it is set as Home. You can follow the instruction to change the location of the network. You have to click on the Control Panel from the Start Menu. Now select Network and go for the Network and File Sharing. Now select Work network or Public Network and after click on Home Network. Just check it out whether it is useful or not.