Thread: File menu is missing in windows live mail

File menu is missing in windows live mail

I am working on the windows 7 operating system and that too on the Intel core i3 processor. I have also installed the windows live messenger on my system to deal with all the mailings. Initially it was doing well but now I am getting an unusual issue where the messenger is not showing me the file menu. The thing here is that Windows live messenger is running fine and that too without any error but I really can’t find a way where it will show me the file menu such as save, view, tools etc. Have anyone ever faced this issue and if yes then please let me know how to solve it and also tell why this error was occurred.

Re: File menu is missing in windows live mail

I think I can help you out in this case, in fact this is the common error with the windows live messenger or I will say that this is not the error the menu bar is hidden somewhere around to view the same you have to press the ALT key. So if you want the menu bar on the messenger that you are using then you have to just open the Windows live messenger and just press the Alt key. And once the menu bar is present then all the issues are solved you will ultimately get the file menu.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you are facing this problem with the windows live messenger that you are using there is only one way to fix it is to close the windows and then restart the same from the root folder. And if still you are not able to see the file menu then you have to press ALT+F key and then the file menu will automatically come on the windows live messenger. I am sure that this will help you to solve the issue that you are facing and you have to do the same thing is the problem arises in future.

I am also facing the same problem where the file menu is missing and I have also used the shortcut keys to get it back in action but I am not able to solve it and have no idea how I can do it. Also in between the work or when I am using the messenger then it between the processes terminates automatically and the windows live messenger is turned off. I really don’t know why it is behaving in such a way and also unable to solve it. Please help me in this case and the definite way to fix the issue.

Well the problem that you are facing is due to the un updated windows live messenger, so what you have to do here is that just find the updates of the WLM and download the same from the official site and then install it on the system. And then see whether the same problem is persisting or not. And if still you are with the same then do one thing uninstall the messenger itself from the system and then later on install the fresh copy of the same but this time make sure that you are installing the latest version and the updated copy of it. I am sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing on permanent basis.