Thread: How to setup account in Mozilla Thunderbird?

How to setup account in Mozilla Thunderbird?

I am new to the Mozilla Thunderbird, and I am having problem while creating the account into it. I have been told that in order to obtain the desired changes to the pages together with my e-mails I need to now a good e-mail program. Now I am not used with all such kind of things. So thought that you members will help me in this matter. I am eager to know about the RSS news and blog account set up. I am hoping that someone from your side will help me soon explaining the necessary things.

Re: How to setup account in Mozilla Thunderbird?

In addition to e-mail or news groups, you can also easily read along with Thunderbird RSS or Atom feeds. Surely you have on one or other site before following RSS and XML icon, or seen similar symbols. These icons indicate that you can track the contents of the page (mostly news) with an appropriate program, without having to visit the site with the browser. Since version 0.8 supports Thunderbird this option and notifies you when updates are available on any of these websites. To read these messages, or blogs with Thunderbird, you first have an RSS News & Blogs Account. Once installed, you can set up and manage this account all other feeds.

A News & Blogs can set up your account through the account wizard. They reach the account wizard easiest by going through the menu. Click File> New> Account ... and the Account wizard starts. The following steps would be useful for you to set it up -
    1. Select the first page, select RSS account on, and click Next.
    2. In the next dialog you must specify the name for the account. In general, you can accept the proposed account name "RSS News & Blogs". More than one RSS account in Thunderbird, you can currently also not invest. Press Next.
    3. More you do not have to adjust for the establishment of the account. Them is a brief summary is displayed, click Finish to confirm with a click.
    4. Now you have set up the RSS News & Blogs account that appears in the left content overview.

So you now have news or blogs can be informed, you must subscribe to this too. This can be combined with the settings for the new account. Choose the item Tools> Accounts ... and then your new RSS News & Blogs Account. Here you should at least enable the following points:
    1. Get new articles at startup - Thunderbird looks directly at startup for new items to this feed.
    2. Item summary of site's place - It does not load the entire web page, but shown only a summary text with a link to the article. This saves you the unnecessary downloading of data may not be needed.
    Now press the button Manage subscriptions .... But you can in the main window right click on your RSS News & Blogs account in the content overview make and from the context menu choose Subscribe .... The dialog to subscribe to feeds open. Here you will be presented later, all already subscribed news & blogs. Since this is our first feed should be, the list is empty. Now click on the Add button. In the following dialog you must enter the settings for the feed. First, the URL of the feed is needed. These are available from the website by clicking on one of RSS and XML symbols, or click-like symbols and take the URL of the page is now loaded from your browser for this field. should save the feed item in the RSS News & Blogs account or a subfolder. Click now to a summary of the article's web page instead, so in the News entire website to your PC, each loaded, but only a brief summary of the article with a link to the website where you will read the full article can.

Click now to a summary of the article's web page instead, so in the News entire website to your PC, each loaded, but only a brief summary of the article with a link to the website where you will read the full article can.
    If you have made all the settings, click OK. Will automatically print all existing items in the feeds will be downloaded to your computer. This was completed successfully, you can add more feeds or leave the dialog. If you look now in your News & Blogs account in the account list, you will find a folder Thunderbird Mail DE. Click on this and will be shown on the right side of all the articles of the website with a brief statement. You can now jump directly to that article by clicking on the link to the website.

In many feeds, it is sometimes very difficult to add them all to the way shown above. Therefore, Thunderbird offers a import / export in XML or OPML format. Open dialogue with RSS subscriptions in the main window by right clicking on the RSS News & Blogs account> Context menu> Subscribe .... Select Import. As shown in the figure, an OPML file was selected. This need not necessarily be of Thunderbird itself, but may also other popular RSS readers are offering an export in the OPML format. The import is complete, the feeds are now included in Firefox. The export works just like an import. We choose Export, then just have the file location and the type of export (XML or OPML) are defined.