Thread: Installer starts every time Opera opens

Installer starts every time Opera opens

I have the Opera 10.63 installed on my system and I have always avoided the update notification that was popping up for Opera 11. Actually I was aware that there is some issue with the Opera 11 and hence I was avoiding the installation there. Now I have seen that whenever I launch the Opera Browser along with that the installer gets launched for Opera 11. I do not want this to happen here. Please let me know if I can avoid this here.

Re: Installer starts every time Opera opens

Well I think that it will be great if you can simply try to avoid the automatic updates here. If you can do that then let me tell you that you will be able to get rid of the Installer there for sure. You can go in Menu and then go in Preferences and then go in Advanced and under that you will be required to go in Security and finally go in Auto-update. Hope that this helps you there. Would like to see this happening in your case there.

Yes the new version of Opera 11 is on and let me tell you that if you have turned on the updates then it will simply start getting installed. I have even seen the same thing happening here in my case as well. Please if you have turned ON the automatic updates then simply get it turned off there. I have uninstalled this browser and now I am having back the older version of Opera here and that too with the Automatic Updates disabled there.

If you have also installed the Opera 11 then let me tell you that just uninstalling the Opera Browser will really not help you here. You will be required to go for the Clean installation of the things here. You will be required to use the Registry Cleaner and the CCleaner so that the traces of the files can also be removed from the installation folder. After that you can install the Opera Browser and then turn of the automatic update so that you may not get the installer launching again there.