Thread: Mozilla Thunderbird error message after upgrading to Windows 7

Mozilla Thunderbird error message after upgrading to Windows 7

I have a desktop computer system , I was first using Windows Vista operating system , then I upgrading Mozzila Thunderbird shows some sort of error message once I had upgraded to Windows 7 , it prompts the message that states "Do you want the following program to allow changes to this computer?" This error is so much annoying and I will really appreciate if someone points some solution and their valuable comments on this question.

re: Mozilla Thunderbird error message after upgrading to Windows 7

You must not run Mozilla Firefox or ANY web browser when you are logged in as an administrator . The resolution to this issue must be be involving fixing the application with the Firefox installation so it will not need administrative rights . Leave the UAC prompt, that's the least of your concern. Having to run your web browser, the most dangerous application on your entire PC as an administrator, overpowers or fails the whole function of the topmost security enhancements in Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system .

There are two things you need to follow either you can uninstall and install Mozilla Thunderbird.

I think you can Try to run the Mozilla thunderbird as an “Administrator” and test. Follow the below given instructions.
    • You will have to right click on the icon of the application
    • Click on the properties tab .
    • Choose the compatibility tab out there and then select "Run this program as an administrator."

User Account Control (UAC) informs you before alterations are made to your system that need administrator-level authorization. The default UAC setting informs you when application try to make alterations to your system, but you can modify how often UAC informs you. It may be possible that you have made settings in your system as “Always notify”. I think this may probably the core reason.

You'll be informed before applicatios make modifications to your system or to Windows settings that need administrator consent. This is the most safe setting.
    To modify the settings in User Account Control follow the instructions stated below.
    • Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking You will have to open Control Panel and in the Start button you will have to type uac and then select Change User Account Control settings.