Thread: windows 7: an unknown generic credential with windows mail

windows 7: an unknown generic credential with windows mail

From last few months I am suing windows 7 in my Acer Aspire laptop, which working fine till the last few days. I basically sue this machine for the internet access for my official and some of the personal purpose. I use windows live mail to access my official mails. The machine and the features of the operating system are very much impressed me. Only the problem is that while, tried to access the windows mail from yesterday there is an unknown generic credential showing after enter the user name and password. I checked in the control panel, but don’t find any solution for this problem, otherwise I am not having any such idea on this type of problem. What should I do? Is there anyone having any information about this problem? Suggest me.

Re: windows 7: an unknown generic credential with windows mail

There is another credential is present in your windows mail application program. Go for this one, if by this you will be able to access your account. I had the similar issue, and after that I also had some of the researches about this issue, but did not found any exact solution. Then one of my friend suggest me with this option. And I went for that and by the additional credential I was able to log on to the mail account, and the remove the other one by which I was facing problem to log in into the mail account. I would also like to suggest you to go through this process, this will definitely helps you.

I think there must be any issue with the windows live version that you are using in your machine, I recommend you to upgrade the version of the mail agent and then try to recommend you to go to the mail agent manufacturer web site and download the latest version. I found that some of the mail agent versions are not supported with windows 7 platform. Os for this, either use the above mentioned process or re-install the windows mail agent. One of my friend had the similar issue, and he found that the windows mail that he was using is not compatible with the windows platform that he was installed in his machine, then he download the latest version and also make sure that the agent should be compatible with the windows 7.

Relevant issue with my windows live mail agent, my problem is after insert eth user name and passwo9rd to access the account the agent simply freezes for few time and after few minute the machine is hangs for few seconds and directs me to stop the application forcefully. I am also not having any strong technical knowledge. I tried by a simply solution, which is reload the mail agent but this does not helps in any way. The same problem is arriving still here. I am using a third party email agent, this works file with all the features, then why this happens like this. I can’t understand. Suggest me some way to resolve this issue.