Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Share Mobile Broadband over the Wi-Fi in Linux Mint

Technology & Internet

Old 06-01-2011

Share Mobile Broadband over the Wi-Fi in Linux Mint

I am using USB data card to connect my laptop with internet. I have installed Linux Mint on my laptop. Well I want to share my internet connection with other people who are working with me who are using windows as well as Mac. I want to use my laptop and Wi-Fi to achieve this. I donít how I can achieve this? Is there any GUI software available to achieve the same? I have already tried a lot to get this software but every effort of mine has been failed. Please do the needful for me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 06-01-2011

Re: Share Mobile Broadband over the Wi-Fi in Linux Mint

Well according to my way of thinking the thing that you have mentioned is not simple to do. As far as I know it impossible to implement. The mobile broadband devices are not having sufficient functionality to share the internet through the Wi-Fi. It is only possible if it has some third party devices such as MiFi . In other case if you are having Android 2.2 or the later version installed into your PC or mobile then still it is possible to share Mobile broadband through the Wi-Fi. Previous version of Android 2.2 wonít help you to solve your problem
Old 06-01-2011

Well you can buy Cradlepoint to solve your problem. Its manufactures various devices that helps you to connect to with wireless network. To enable sharing of mobile broadband you have to go for network settings where you have to modify the settings according to your requirement. Now you should go for ethO and where you have to set up IPV4 to enable to share with other connection. You have to option that is you can connect other laptop with the connection or you can connect the other laptop with router that broadcast the Wi-Fi signal. You can implement security by using user Id and password. I hope it will help you to solve your problem.
Old 06-01-2011

To connect your Windows 7 with mobile broadband over the Wi-Fi network you have to Conectifyme. It is driver software that rebroadcast the signal from the laptop that broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal. Well itís driver software available on the internet. I really donít know which software you should use for the Linux Mint and Mac? So I am really sorry about that. I hope you will use Conectifyme to solve your problem.
Old 06-01-2011

I am using Joikuspot application software to share the mobile broadband over the Wi-Fi connection. According to my opinion itís a great application and I opinion that it will definitely solve your problem. Well itís a available for free on the internet. Itís an ideal application tool to share your mobile broadband connection with other devices over the Wi-Fi. It has a functionality to make a mobile phone as Wi-Fi hot spot by using 3G connection Hence I opinion that you should use Joikuspot application tool and please reply with your experience to share with other.
Old 07-01-2011

I really want to say thanks to all of you who have replied with the solution over here. Well both Conectifyme and Joikuspot were really useful for me. I will prefer to use Joikuspot to share my mobile broadband connection over the Wi-Fi connection. Well itís a great application tool. I really want to appreciate your efforts that you have put in to solve my problem. Thanking you again to suggesting on the same

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , , , ,