Thread: How to share internet to PS3

How to share internet to PS3

I have been trying to for a successful connection between the Macbook's airport and PS3 over Ethernet. But whenever I try to send the connection I ended up with a DNS error. No matter what settings I do I am getting the same thing again and again. Perceptibly internet sharing is turned on, sharing connection as of Airport through Ethernet, which unites additional macs toward the internet now well, except with the PS3. It just puts errors each time on the screen. Does anybody know about fixing this networking issue? Little help will be very much appreciated.

Re: How to share internet to PS3

Here is what I did to make that sharing internet with PS3
    • First of all Turn off Internet Sharing.
    • Open the Terminal window and type: “open -e /tmp/bootpd.plist”
    • Press Return key. TextEdit will open a file.
    • Locate this section of the file, near the end:
    • <key>reply_threshold_seconds</key>
    • <integer>4</integer>
    • Change value 4 to 0 and then save the file.
    • Again go back to Terminal and type: “sudo cp /tmp/bootpd.plist /etc”. it may ask you for administratot password. Enter it and Hit Return key
    • Now you can Turn back on Internet Sharing.

I also have been trying for this but didn’t succeed at all. I at present recognize that the macbook responsibility the sharing is performing like a router as an alternative of bridge, therefore I'm using its IP the same as the defaulting router IP at this moment as a replacement for of Airport Extreme's. Excluding I at rest don't be acquainted with what to set as the main and resulting DNS servers, which appears to be the genuine trouble.

Using Normal cable that came with PS3 is not capable for internet sharing. Now what you have to do is.
    • Purchase a CAT5 or CAT6 crossover cable.
    • Ensure that you encompass 2 sources for network communication that means 2 Ethernet ports or 2 network cards on your PC.
    • Connect your PC to the modem and confirm that you include an Internet connection. Afterward, click on Start>settings>control panel> Network Connections and discover the link to modem (Port 1).
    • Right click on that connection, and pick properties. Subsequently, click on the advanced tab and check the “allow other users to connect…” checkbox. Following to the checkbox point out, snap on top of the “Home networking connection” drop down list and choose the name of the 2nd connection (port 2). Click OK to exit.
    • Lastly, attach the CAT5 crossover wire from the second port 2 of the PC to the PS3, and the Internet connection is now running scared to PS3.

brayanscholar Guest

For some reason I connected the PS3, I am unable to connect to the Internet with my laptop. I use a MacBook and if I was online with him and turn on the PS3, it hits me in the internet. This is going wireless. In addition, recently, my ps3 says that it is a DNS error when you try to connect to the internet.

If you are not able to share the internet by using the Wired connection then why don’t you go for wireless sharing. This is the best way to share the internet rather than struggling on different wire connection. I heard that the Ethernet cable model that came along with PS3 s not capable to do so. It will be a better option if you buy a wifi router and using wireless internet on PS3.

Fine I obtained it functioning by way of a wired connection except yet no set off with a wifi connection. I obtained it to function through a wired connection by making use of a manual IP address and physically inputting the whole thing. I strived physically conveying an IP address and inflowing all in addition manually intended for a wireless arrangement and it at rest won't bond wirelessly. I still altered the WEP key of network headed for a 5 digit key as it is suggested as being further well-suited with additional non-Mac systems.