Thread: airport unable to connect to the internet

airport unable to connect to the internet

Hi,
    I'm having a number of problem connecting to the internet at my parent’s home, where recently I am staying for a few weeks. I am able to connect to the network, on the other hand it will not connect to the internet, and when I open up network prefs on my Macbook pro, it says "Airport does not contain an IP address and that is why unable to connect to the internet". What am I able to do to solve this? Please give me any fasten solution for this issue.

Re: airport unable to connect to the internet

Regarding the issue which you are recently facing I want to ask you over here that have you gone into System Preferences and created an original network. There is no doubt that your parents have a dissimilar name for their wireless system, and also you will require to go into their password in this new network. Of course your existing network will not pick up their wireless network. Are you making use of the similar security as they, WEP, WPA, WPA2 etc? Please give me these information as soon as it is possible for you. So that I will try to help you in as better way.

As I have described in my question that I have already associated to this network from a small number of weeks, along with a small number of others, so yes I have added it as a original network and entered the (correct) WEP code. And when I connect to the network it seems to connect to the internet but it is not receiving any kind of data from that side. So if you have any solution regarding this then share it. Regarding this I have tried many of the solution but none of them seems to work in my case.

WEP is frequently utilized along with somewhat called MAC filtering MAC does not refer to Macintosh, but Media Access Control - essentially an exclusive identifier allocated to your network adapter. This really spanks of a difficulty along with MAC filtering, where you have the right WEP password, but your MAC address is not in the filter table. Are you sure that no one has do something with the router's security settings since the previous time you linked? Also, you should let whoever is guilty for the router acquainted with that WEP is intrinsically insecure and is dolefully out-of-date. WPA is stronger, easier to make use of and sooner in all situations. Quite frankly, WEP should not be utilized by anybody, at any time, for any reason. It is in effect, a dead technology.

I am also going through the same issue and regarding this I am not able to get any proper solution. Actually in my case my mac book is not able to connect to the internet through airport. And recently I am using the lynsys router to connect with internet. I am able to attach to the router but not the internet is any person is able to help regarding this issue then it will be great for me. I had this difficulty once before but I forgot how I fixed it.

The most ordinary cause is that you are actually linked to the internet, but you are not receiving DNS--domain name service. You are able to check this by attempting to connect to http://70.42.185.231 with your browser through your MacBook. If it works, even though connecting to http://macosxhints.com does not function, then you are just going through the DNS difficulty, even though you are in fact linked to the internet. To solve this kind of subject, go to System Preferences > Network > choose your Airport link > DNS Server, and come in the IP addresses of the DNS Servers given by your ISP. Or you are also able to make use of public DNS Servers if you prefer