Thread: How to transfer email from Outlook Express in Windows XP to Windows 7?

How to transfer email from Outlook Express in Windows XP to Windows 7?

I require transferring my email as well as contacting information running on Outlook Express on XP to my new computer running Windows 7. There is a assist page on Windows 7 for this problem although the assist page advise that I open Outlook Express on my new computer. I do not have Outlook Express on my new computer I have well-read that Outlook Express is not supported however can be used to ship by means of Internet Explorer. I at present have Internet Explorer 8.0 but cannot discover a copy of OE.

Re: How to transfer email from Outlook Express in Windows XP to Windows 7?

It is not possible on the way to install Outlook Express on Windows 7. You be able to install Windows Live Mail or else Mozilla Thunderbird and import your Outlook Express information into them. Copy the complete Outlook Express store directory from the previous PC to the new one. Hope this will help you to get rid of your trouble.

Windows 7 comes by means of *no* e-mail or else newsgroup application. Even though many people point to this, I imagine it's a step in the accurate way,in view of the fact that it leaves everybody more free to select whatsoever program(s) he likes most excellent. There are a lot of choices accessible, both from Microsoft as well as from third-parties. A number of them are free of charge and a number of them are for sale. Microsoft has Windows Live Mail obtainable for download for free of charge and Outlook (a dissimilar apps from outlook express) accessible for sale, either alone or else as division of Microsoft Office.

I also have this issue and I have found a page where it is listed all the ways to import the mails from am outlook installed on the same computer. As well as you can also import your mails from which are installed on different computers. Go to office.microsoft/en-us/outlook page and their you will find solution to this issue. If you establish the article puzzling or unhelpful, go to the bottom of the page.

Hi I am looking for the answer also. I desire on the way to move my email as well as address book from Microsoft Outlook Express from my old windows XP laptop to Microsoft Outlook on my new Windows 7 computer. I do not observe this described here. Is this probable? If so, what are the steps please let me know? Thanks in advance for any suggestion regarding to this issue.