Thread: what is msnupdate.exe on my system

what is msnupdate.exe on my system

Hello friends, I am having a problem on my vista machine where I don’t know how come I am getting a warning from my antivirus which is stating that I have an unknown program as msnupdate.exe. My younger brother often uses MSN to access the internet. When I searched in Google I found that it is an Trojan. I don’t know what to do? Can anyone please help me out? If anyone having any information or clue about this question then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: what is msnupdate.exe on my system

I don’t think it is any Trojan or virus which can give treat to your system. It is a newer version of MSN which is asking to to update it t newer version. I will suggest you that you should try to find it or locate in your hard drive and see to it that you run it through virus total in which the scanner in it will find a problem in it. It will display the problem which your antivirus is showing the message as unknown program.

I also agree to this point that it is not any type of Trojans or virus. It is just that your antivirus have found a file which has not be found in your hard drive which is why the antivirus in your system is showing such kind of message. I don’t think that there is any reason to be tensed or worried. It is just a normal thing which usually pops ups when the file is not found in the hard drive. So, you have run the file in the hard drive and check it by scanning it.

I don’t agree with the point which is been mentioned. If you have searched in Google properly and then it’s showing that is a type of Trojan than I also think that is a Trojan. You need to fix that problem either by removing that file or by getting that file fixed properly. Many a times it happens that Trojans and virus enters our system on the name of application update which then infects the whole system.