Thread: Google Chrome vs. Chromium

Google Chrome vs. Chromium

Hello friends, I came to know that the Google Chrome 5 and its further version does not support the Linux System , then I had the search over the internet that the Google Chrome 5 and higher sustains with the Linux Operating System. I want to know that, whether Linux Mint 10 support Google Chrome or Google Chromium? I want to know what are the major differences among the Google Chrome and Google Chromium.

re: Google Chrome vs. Chromium

Hello, compare to the Google Chrome and Google Chromium, Chromium is the open source web browser application that Google Chrome is based on. They are together capable to run, through chromium obtainable from the software manager. Google chrome is obtainable in a .deb. Also now the Google Chrome has a few more add-ons, although generally they are basically the similar, with chromium running (as a minimum on my system) somewhat quicker.

Re: Google Chrome vs. Chromium

Chromium is not the Google creation. It is the support of what Google RIPPED OFF to produce chrome. You be able to acquire chrome FROM Google in a .deb if you require it. Google do have a every day and steady PPA from chrome if you desire to insert it and be great goggled on the bleeding edge. In Google Chrome the Quality Assurance is on the latest releases that are tested previous to sending to any users. In case of Chromium it is sometimes nightly makes with no testing. In Google Chrome Crash reporting is there if it is turned ON and in Chromium there is nothing as such.

There is no such items as the "Google Chromium", Chromium is the open-source advance edition; Google remakes it as "Google Chrome", adds on a a small number of proprietary attributes for example bundled Flash, proprietary PDF plugin, non-free codecs, and all that. And frees that to the general community. By itself, you won't constantly observe Google Chrome in Debian/Ubuntu's repos, as a minimum not in main. Debian/Ubuntu packagers may place it within the non-free/multiverse repositories correspondingly one day, however there's no cause to perform so given the reality that the .deb for Google Chrome mechanically inserts Google's own repositories to your sources.list.

In reality I desire the Chrome Product above the stock open source, in addition to its as well wrong for me to state that some open source project has been ripped off forever, depending on the circumstances and permit I understand it CAN take place. I recognize that, I was over highlighting for the OP in turn to create the difference among the recognized and open editions. I didn’t signify to obtain into an open source debate, yet again just making the difference. Google Chrome is based off of Chromium.

matinfisher Guest

Chromium is what Chrome is based on. So you can think of Chrome as the development of Chrome. But Chrome is updated more frequently.