Thread: Cannot install Opera 11

Cannot install Opera 11

Well; I have seen that I cannot have the Opera 11 to be installed on the system of mine and hence I want to know how I can get this installed here. I have tried all the ways that I can but I have seen that it just come up with the error saying that the registry cannot be modified and in addition to that it gives me the error code 39 and I really want to get out of this issue for now. Please let me know if there is a way out of this issue here. I really want to see this new browser and want to try Opera for once. Please let me know how I can get this installed in my system.

Re: Cannot install Opera 11

First of all let me tell you that if you want to use the Opera browser then let me suggest you that you can give try to the older and stable version of the Opera. Let me tell you that you will be able to get this browser downloaded from the official site of Opera and please see if you can get the older version. If you want me to be specific then let me tell you that you can have the Opera 10.63 or Opera 10.53 in your case. Install it and you will be able to enjoy the working of new browser here. Please do not go with the Opera 11 it is yet under the development.

Well I have the Opera 11 running in my case here and let me tell you that so far it has not come up with the issue. I got this installed on my system automatically; well the case is such that I had the older version in the system installed and when the newer version was available and when I opened up the browser it notified about the newer version and then it began with the installation. I waited for the installation and after the installation stopped it notified that I have the newer version with me and it is Opera 11. If you want you can go in this manner here.

It is good that you have yet not came across with any issues here but let me tell you that this version of the Opera is really not reliable to go with and hence if you are planning to have this installed it is really a bad choice to go with here. If you want you can really go with the older version of the Opera. I have seen a number of issues with this version of the browser. I have seen that the Browser hangs suddenly; in addition to that I have seen that sometimes the pages do not get loaded and gives the times out error or cannot get connected to the remote server.

Well all those who are facing difficulties in running the installation of the Opera let me tell you that for the installation of this Opera 11 you will be required to go with the clean installation and for that you will have to first remove the Older version of the Browser from the Control Panel and after that you will be required to make use of the Registry Cleaner and CCleaner. After running both the programs then you can proceed with the installation of the Opera 11 on your system here.

Regarding the Error Code 39 let me tell you that you will be required to follow the steps below so that this error can be removed from here. First of all close all the applications that are running here on the system. Open the RUN windows and then type Regedit in there and then press Enter. Now go to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Then remove any one of the following option from here:
    • LowerFilters
    • LowerFilters.bak
    • UpperFilters
    • UpperFilters.bak

After deleting any one option then restart the system and see if you can get the issue solved here.