Thread: How to setup home network

How to setup home network

Well we are 4 people running business into 2 different fields’ viz. consultancy and Organic delivery. We are using 2 pc which are almost 6 years old. One of PC is used as server for us where we have stored all the accounting and payroll details. We are unable to install Windows XP3 in to both of machine since both the machines are quite old. Also we are having one laptop and one Mac book. Is there any way to integrate both Windows and Mac environment? Is there any one that can give me a brief idea to access the remote computer without any variation?

Re: How to setup home network

I am suggesting to you to use Parallels. Well it is developed by Mac. Basically it enables you to mount virtual machine and allows you to run parallel to Mac environment. Well you told me that you are running two different businesses. So I think both businesses may be running from the two different locations. As far as my knowledge Online Storage will be suitable solution for your problem. Just check it out

Well I have little bit knowledge of the Online Storage. Basically it file hosting service which available on the internet. Usually it stores static content. It can be used by multiple user hence it also called file hosting. They provide you FTP and Web access. This is available for free on the internet. You must have an internet connection to get benefit of this software application. You can access the stored data 24X 7 since it is available on the internet.

I think you have the following option to get the solution. You have to buy a small server and install ubuntu or windows sever 2008 and run it. Run Paralles on your Mac. You should run VPN at the remote PC. Paralles and online web server will allow you to save and the access various file. I hope you will make use of above options. Please tell me about your experience so other can get benefit from it. All the best.

You can go for Thin client. Well Thin client may be a software program or a computer which relies on server computer to complete the task. Basically it’s a part of the network which can be used for emailing and browsing the internet. It only requires network card and motherboard hence it is very cheap and easy to use. Basically it is modeled as client server since all the processing is done by the Server.