Thread: Google Chrome stops working after installing NIS 2011

Google Chrome stops working after installing NIS 2011

I am using Google Chrome from many months but that was not showing me any problem. Yesterday, I installed Norton Internet Security 2011 on my system. Today when opened computer to surf on internet then it shows me some error message while launching it and when I press OK button on that then it closes the Browser. Before that, I was using Macfee and not having such problem and this is very annoying to me. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Thank you.

Re: Google Chrome stops working after installing NIS 2011

I think that the Google Chrome that is showing you error message while launching is corrupted and therefore you are getting problems like this. You should uninstall the chrome that is installed in your computer and install it again. The best way to do that is to download a fresh setup of this from internet and use that to install. This will definitely solve the problem if that is related to the error in installation. I wish that it will resolve the issue.

There may be some viruses that are affecting the files on your system for Firefox. You can start your computer in safe mode and scan the entire system with antivirus that is installed in your computer. To start your computer in safe mode, you will have to keep on pressing F8 button on your keyboard when it is loading the windows. Select safe mode and press enter. This will let you to safe mode. Heal all the threads that it detects and after that start the system in normal mode.

You may not have installed the Norton Internet Security 2011 properly or it is the corrupted setup. So according to me, you have to install it again. But don’t install that from the same setup. Search and download the new setup for this and install it from there. If your previous installation of the Norton Internet Security 2011 is corrupted then this will resolve the problem. This is one of the possible solutions for this.

Thank you very much to all of you for such a quick reply. I tried so many possible solutions for this but that was not able to solve the problem. And finally I downloaded the Google Chrome again this solves the problem for me. If any user over hear is seeking for the same issue then he can also do the same and I am sure that if it solves the problem for me then it can do the same for you also.