Thread: How to transfer a data on wifi

How to transfer a data on wifi

Is it possible to exchange a data from one machine to another machine using wifi network. I don't know how to transfer data on wifi. I had recently buy a laptop and now i want to connect my laptop to wifi network, I'm unable to connect it. Please tell me how to connect my laptop to wifi and how i can transfer my files, data to another machine in wifi. Please help me.

Re: How to transfer a data on wifi

If you want to share your files data to other pc in a wifi network then first you need toshare your shared folder, you should be able to browse to it on the computer you want to copy the files to with Windows Explorer or My Network Places.you can also try to search on internet about the wifi system, how wifi is created in a n/w and how can we transfer the file or data on wifi.

If you want to share a data on wifi system then use the network wizard in control panel to connect your new laptop and XP computer to the same network. you should then be able to transfer the files from one to the other. There are also some other methods for transferring a file on wifi system You can search online for that, if you have any query regarding wifi technology search on internet you will get it all.

First make sure that two computer connected to a common network. If yes then it doesn't matter whether its WIFI or wired, sharing is sharing. Create the shared folder and allow sharing through the firewall. You can also share your file or data if you share your shared folder, you should be able to browse to it on the computer you want to copy the files to with Windows Explorer or My Network Places.

If you want to share a data check that two computers connected to a common network. If not and you want to make them talk directly via their respective wireless adapters, then you have to use Ad hoc mode (not infrastructure). You might try installing an FTP server on your laptop and then transfering from you phone using SiC!FTP or go into the Network>Network and Sharing Center and active the file sharing options and then goto each drive and or folders and select share.