Thread: 2TB hard drive won’t recognize by TrueCrypt

2TB hard drive won’t recognize by TrueCrypt

I encompass a 2TB hard drive encrypted as a complete disk encryption (as a result the entire hard disk is encrypted and there is no separate virtual volume files) as well as at what time I go to the "Select Device" key on the main True Crypt dialog the 2TB volume is not there in any way! At what time I installed the external hard drive case, the whole thing went well, as well as in Computer Management it acknowledged a drive that requires on the way to be initialized (which I assume would be the 2TB drive) as a result from this I assume that windows does distinguish the device however cannot make sense of it in view of the fact that it's encrypted. Any ideas guys? Thank you in advance.

Re: 2TB hard drive won’t recognize by TrueCrypt

Does the drive show on the way to be online or else offline beneath disk management? Just in case, you be supposed to most likely purchase a replica of your Hard Disk as well as clone it by means of a tools for example HDClone so that if you mix up by means of the original, you will have a backup, or else leave the new in a closet as well as work on the clone.

"Initialize" will mark a master boot record (MBR) to the drive, overwriting the True crypt header. It is not the end of the globe while for the reason that True crypt can re-establish it from an implanted backup header - IIRC.Attempt repairing the drive by means of Truecrypt, there is an alternative.Did it function at several points as well as after that unexpectedly stopped?Have you done this by means of other drives also? Could be True crypt has a trouble by means of discs larger than 1.5 TB or somewhat like that.

Thanks for your replies once more, I have attempted this on two dissimilar instances of true crypt, one on my desktop computer furthermore one on my Dell laptop, this device is not known in either of them. You are familiar with at what time you click "Select Device" on main programs page? It is not listed there as each and every one the other hard drives are, as a result I’m actually concerned if it’s a Hard Drive problem or a true crypt problem, what do you guys believe based on what we be familiar with?Either way, I will at a standstill examine as well as execute all leads anyone offer.

I be familiar with this is a very old post however I've had this trouble by means of partitions previous to though not entire hard drives. I had to make use of partition software (starts by means of an E however any should work). It would observe the drive however have asterisk where the drive letter be supposed to be. I go to advanced furthermore set a drive letter. Hope this assist somebody by means of the same trouble.