Thread: Unable to open xls file through internet explorer

Unable to open xls file through internet explorer

I am running Windows 7 with the following Microsoft Office 2010 and I encountered this problem:
    1. With Internet Explorer 8, I am connecting to the FTP client.
    2. I navigate to a folder with files. "Xls"
    3. I click on a file. "Xls", the file download bar appears well on the lower left of the window of IE8, so I expect to have the file displayed in Internet Explorer or, at see it open in a Windows application Excel 2010, but it is not.
    That 3-step what happens. Of course I searched the support site and also try to alter the "Web Options" in the options of Excel 2010, but my problem has still not solved. I am now exposing my problem here has to get some help.

Re: Unable to open xls file through internet explorer

Hey do not worry I have one solution for this and I hope this will help you in order to get rid of from this problem. Hello, In the start menu,
    • go to Default Programs
    • Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    • Find. Xls and then click the button to change the program
    • And the last thing is Browse, select Microsoft Excel only this much you have to do and this will fix your issue.

Hey it is great and the great news is that the solution which is given in the above reply I have tried that and Yes it works on my computer. This is not disturbing for me to perform this manipulation, but for the average person who uses this tool like FTP via IE they will also try this I am sure that they will get the fix for their problem. Thank you for your reply anyway.

Here I just want to tell you guys about it that it would not just a problem from Excel or IE? May eventually have to submit this problem has an "expert" Office? I tried the solutions found on the Microsoft support site (amendment in the register, etc), well indicated for 2000 or 2003, none of them did to get the result. I checked all the solutions proposed. If you guys have any working solutions then please share it over here.