Thread: Volume of Microphone decreases while using Yahoo Chat

Volume of Microphone decreases while using Yahoo Chat

I have problem that when I use yahoo chat the volume of my microphone keeps on decreasing. Atlast I will find that it ends up with 1%. I don’t what the problem is about but when I use Yahoo chat I find it every time. I am having this problem from last 15 days, but I am still unable to fix this problem. I am currently using Windows 7 Ultimate before that I was using Windows Vista where if I had such problem I use to fix it anyhow but in Windows 7 Ultimate it is not possible to do so. So, I am bit confused and totally clueless regarding this problem. If anyone having this type of problem then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Volume of Microphone decreases while using Yahoo Chat

I think that you need to increase your Microphone’s boost so that it could increase the volume while using the yahoo chat. One important thing you must notice that all the drivers do not this setting which increases the microphone’s boost. You can achieve this with the following steps. Firstly, you need to click on the start button you will find on the right hand side control panel as an option which you need to click on it. In that you need to go in sound category where in there you need to click on Recording tab then select on microphone. In microphone click on the properties then you will find an option as levels click on that and then drag the slider towards the right so that you can increase the Microphone’s boost.

I don’t think that doing this will increase the volume of the yahoo chat. I don’t think that there would be any problem in your microphone. Well, there is an option in Yahoo messenger where in you can configure the automatic volume adjust for the microphone which you are using it. If you disable it then you won’t getting this problem in future. This can be achieved by the following steps. Firstly you need to open your Yahoo messenger and then you will find an option as Preferences in yahoo messenger. Go in preferences there you will find an option as Calling & Audio. After clicking in Calling & Audio you need to place a checkmark on “Do not modify my mixer settings (Advanced)” option. Now you need to go in to Options where you will find the Advanced Controls item there you have to enable the microphone boost for the audio input mixer. I think that this will fix your problem.

I don’t think that it will fix your problem. Because if you are using the latest version of Yahoo then you won’t find such option in it. In the older version of yahoo it had those options but the latest Yahoo Messenger does not have such kind of option. I think that you need to check your microphone whether it is functioning properly or not. I think that the problem is in your Microphone only. So, you need to replace another microphone and see if it’s having the same problem or not. I don’t think that it will have same problem in it.

I had similar problem I when I was using Yahoo Chat. So, I just contacted to Yahoo where they provided me the solution and I got my problem fixed. I don’t think so that there is any problem in your microphone. You just contact yahoo they will provide you solution within 24 hours and that will fix your problem for sue. So, I think that instead of wasting time in practicing such solution directly contact yahoo. It is the best solution which you could get.

I also think that you need to contact yahoo instead of practicing such solutions. I don’t think that practicing these solutions will fix your problem. So, I think that you need to contact Yahoo for this problem. I can ensure you that they will provide the best solution for your problem. So, I will suggest you that if you want to fix your problem then you need to contact yahoo and tell your problem regarding their applications.