Thread: Want some help in using Gmail with Mozilla Mail, Kmail, Thunderbird and Evolution.

Want some help in using Gmail with Mozilla Mail, Kmail, Thunderbird and Evolution.

I am employee in one of the data base company and I need to use Gmail for emailing as well as for various usages so I need your help for getting knowledge on how to use my Gmail account effectively with Mozilla Mail, Kmail, Thunderbird and Evolution. Also I want to know the standard settings of the Gmail with any client so I can set up my account for my office use. If there any additional requirement of the software or hard ware for this thing then please let me know.

Re: Want some help in using Gmail with Mozilla Mail, Kmail, Thunderbird and Evolution.

Here I have some settings which useful for setting up your Gmail account with Mozilla Mail and Thunderbird. First launch Mozilla Mail or Thunderbird, then choose File then click on new account. On the screen that shows popup choose email account and then click on next. Now type in your name in the box which is on top side, and in the bottom type your email address. Now choose POP as the mode of incoming server, and give name to the incoming server like pop.gmail.co. You can uncheck or check inboxes. Now create your user name which is similar to the email address. Now click on finished and then you can use the Gmail on your thunderbird or with Mozilla mail.

Re: Want some help in using Gmail with Mozilla Mail, Kmail, Thunderbird and Evolution.

I have some steps for using your Gmail. For that first Start Kmail. Click on Settings then choose to configure Kmail. Now click on accounts and click on add. Choose POP3 on the popup windows and click on ok. Now enter your account name then user name. Now type in the host pop.gmail.com and swap to the port 950. Now use ssl for security of your mails. Now clear text for the authentication. Now click on finished and you can ready for use this.

Here I having some basic standard settings you can follow first make Enable POP in Gmail. Remember to click on Save Changes when you are complete this. Now configure your client settings to equivalent the settings. If not you are using recent mode to download email to numerous clients, confirm you have opted not to disappear messages on the server. Your Gmail settings decide whether or not messages reside on the server, so this setup in your client will not influence how Gmail used your mail. In case client not supporting SMTP authentication, you can’t send mail through your client by using your Gmail email address. After this all settings you can restart once your browser and check your Gmail account.

You can do development in this by following some steps. Start Evolution software. Select on Edit then click on Preferences and click on Add. Enter in your name, your email address, give reply to address and give your organization name, if any, and click next.Choose your server category as POP. Your host name as pop.gmail.com and confirm that your username is the similar as your email address. Then below click on Use Secure Connection and select this always and your Authentication Type use as password and lastly click on next.Now on next page choose server category as smtp enter in smtp.gmail.com as the host address, and verify that the Host requires authentication icon is checked. Now click on Use Secure Connection always. At last confirm that Authentication mode is Plain and your user name and email address should be same and click on next .now on new page give your account name which you want to use. Click on apply. Now you are ready to use your Gmail account with advanced network connection.