Thread: Remove ads from the right hand side of the screen in Hotmail

Remove ads from the right hand side of the screen in Hotmail

I am fed up with the ads and I really want to get rid of this. Well I have most of the time found the ads when I am working with the Hotmail account of mine and I really want to know the way by which I have this ads permanently removed. I have seen that when I am logged in the account of mine an ad is always there and the ad is also bigger in size. When I was looking at the ad; I noticed that there is a close button there that can close the ad and can give me the enormous space so that I can read the mails there. Now after closing the ad and then when I browse to the next page the ad gets poped up and hence I would like to know if I can get this permanently blocked here. Thanks in advance.

Re: Remove ads from the right hand side of the screen in Hotmail

Ok you want to have the ads to be blocked on your side then let me tell you that it is possible; and it is easy; but let me tell you that I am not at all aware that it is safe. Well I have not tried it yet. Well please let me know which browser actually you are using there. IF you can tell me that then let me tell you that I will be able to help you with blocking the ads here. The codes for blocking the ads vary from browser to browser and if you can let me know which is the browser there then I will be able to serve you with the most appropriate solution there. Please let me know about it in the next post of yours.

Well if you are using the Google Chrome then let me tell you that you will be able to make use of it without any issue here. You will be required to download Privoxy first and you will be able to get this by typing it on the Google. Once you get this install it on the system of yours. Now in the Google Chrome browser in the upper right corner you will be required to see for the Wrench icon. Once you locate it click the Wrench icon. After that you will be required to go in the Options and then go for changing the Proxy Settings there. Then go to the Lan settings that you will be able to see Internet Properties tab there. In the port 8118 you will be required to add this value there 127.0.0.1. Finally Click on OK and restart the browser. Hope that the ads will be blocked after this solution here.

Yes it is true that the ads are some sort of trouble but let me tell you that they are not always the headache here. Well if you want to get rid of this then let me tell you that you can get the solution for this from my side if you are using the Internet Explorer and you can get rid of this with just following the steps below here. See this below and let me know if you were able to get rid of this here.
    • Launch the Internet Explorer
    • Once you launch it go in the Tools
    • Under the Tools you will have to see for Internet Options
    • Then you will be required to see for Advanced
    • In the Advanced you will be able to see Show Pictures and you will have to just uncheck the box there.
    • Do this and see if you get rid of the ads on the Hotmail account or other accounts of yours.

Well if you want to get rid of the ads and you are using the Opera Mini as the browser then let me tell you that you can have this done by disabling the IFrames and the JavaScript and see if you can do this globally there. Well if you want you can get this for the required sites after going in the site preference. If you are using the Mozilla Firefox then let me tell you that you can get this done in a very simple manner. You will be required to Launch the Firefox browser and then go in the Tool Options. Once you get in there you will be required to go in the Options and then you will have to choose the Content tab there. In the Content tab if you want you can uncheck both the options Load images automatically and Enable JavaScript and see if this can help you with the Ads that you are getting here.

I have the solution here and let me tell you that you will really do not have any difficulty here if you can just follow the steps that I will be tell you to add here. Also let me tell you all one more thing that the solution in my case is really browser independent and you will really have this done without any issue here. You will be required to see for this location at first C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\. Once you get to this location you will have to see for this file hosts. Right click on hosts and then open it using the Notepad. After that in the end you will be required to add the following line in the end:

• 127.0.0.1 rad.msn.com
    • 127.0.0.1 live.rads.msn.com
    • 127.0.0.1 ads1.msn.com
    • 127.0.0.1 static.2mdn.net
    • 127.0.0.1 g.msn.com
    • 127.0.0.1 a.ads2.msads.net
    • 127.0.0.1 b.ads2.msads.net
    • 127.0.0.1 ec.atdmt.com

Add all the lines and then save it. Hope that this will help you in getting rid of the ads there.